Alternate solutions for 901 white

Well, it seems that no one at any of the auto parts shops around here can mix 901 in an enamel. The cheapest I can get 1 quart is $90 for a 2 stage paint. I think I'm just going to use 935 on the 560 for simplicity's sake. Before I do, is there another color I might hit up? This is just a quickie paint job to make it a little prettier. After doing the red in the fall, I just couldn't leave the mismatched panels on without throwing some paint on them.

I already primed the panels so no running them in to be matched and even if I hadn't they were half bright white and half cream white which looks like 935. I'm not too fussed but figured I'd give 901 a final try.

5 hours ago, rcb said:

Well, it seems that no one at any of the auto parts shops around here can mix 901 in an enamel.

I had a hard time here as well getting 901 mixed.  Codes wouldn’t come up in their computer.  Finally found a place after calling around.  Fortunately had this pic from RPF to show them - if I didn’t have this can label I wouldn’t have gotten it cause they wanted more detailed info than 8665.

B77D9DD0-E7B8-4CC9-8211-6B00CCE9E50A.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lightninboy said:

IH 901 paint

PPG 8665

Martin-Senour 99-3965-L

Sherwin-Williams analysis

SW 6175 Sagey

R: 226 G: 226 B: 209

Hex Value: #e2e2d1

LRV: 75

The Martin Senour was the $90 dollar one. Only available in a 2 stage. Two different NAPAs told me that. Sherwin Williams here doesn't sell automotive paints. This isn't a restoration, just want convenient paint to keep on it as it's constantly getting scratched up. :) 

Why not just go to IH and get a can??

It seems to me that "Almond white" in Rustoleum is the same or close.... if I am remembering correctly. 

3 hours ago, WESnIL said:

Call Dust and Son of Champaign County in Urbana, IL.  (217)328-3431.  I would be very surprised if they cannot mix a quart of 901 match and send it to you for less than that.

You must not be far from me.......  I'm in Crawford Co. 

No, about 16 miles west of that Dust store in White Heath.  For what it's worth, here is a  picture of Dust and Son supplied 901 from an aerosol can that I purchased last fall.  At the time of purchase I thought it was too 'tan' but it turned out nice.  Lots of masking but it was worth the effort.

P1010021.JPG

9 hours ago, rcb said:

The Martin Senour was the $90 dollar one. Only available in a 2 stage. Two different NAPAs told me that. Sherwin Williams here doesn't sell automotive paints. This isn't a restoration, just want convenient paint to keep on it as it's constantly getting scratched up. :) 

I bought a gallon of Martin senour last winter of single stage enamel, no problem getting it from Napa but they wouldn't mix smaller than a gallon , this is the chart I used.

image.png.3922e93f977293d1a0cf0e834da44e37.png

• Like 1
9 hours ago, J-Mech said:

Why not just go to IH and get a can??

It seems to me that "Almond white" in Rustoleum is the same or close.... if I am remembering correctly. 

IH no longer carries 901 white, only 935. 901 actually has a green tint to it, it was also used on ford mustang's as "new lime"