td14 Rack is stuck in closed position

I have a td14 with an international fuel pump that the rack appears to be stuck in the closed position (no diesel fuel).  I have had this problem before, but those times it was stuck in he wide open position and I was always able to free it easily.  Not this time,  I have tried everything I can think of to free this thing but have had no success.  I have tried all kinds of sprays, heat, tapping. prying, but nothing has worked.  I only have about a 1/8 to 1/4 inch of travel.  Is is possible something is stuck inside preventing it from moving?  Can you access this from behind the pump?  How hard is it to remove the pump and reinstall if that gives me accessto the rack from behind?  I appreciate any help I can get.  Thanks Ron76

hi

welcome

you need to do a general outside search to come back here 80% has been covered and MB cat covered 98% of the single plunger

doesnt help you but maybe some one is looking....

https://cnj.craigslist.org/grd/d/warren-ihc-ud14-power-unit/7102660541.html

International Harvestor UD14 power unit. Starts on gas, then switches to diesel. Has clutch and power pulley with V-belts. Was part of a sawmill, sawmill not available. Has been sitting, but I have it running. Starts right up, and switches to diesel without a problem. Will need to TLC to be used.

remove the oil fill spout and you can look in there and see it. it usually need a little tap on the small bolt you can see in there. I have loosened a few this way.

Yes, that’s my problem.  I’ve done that and still haven’t been able to free it up. Trying to figure out how to access that part.  Can I get to it if I pull the injector pump and how difficult a job that is.   Tks. Ron76

my pump must be a different style.   I’ve removed the front cover, but it doesn’t give me access to the rack and I don’t have any top panel or access thru the top.  Any other suggestions?.... Tks ron76

Yes,    Model # 65314DA

my pump must be a different style.   I’ve removed the front cover, but it doesn’t give me access to the rack and I don’t have any top panel or access thru the top.  Any other suggestions?.... Tks ron76

5 hours ago, Ron76 said:

Yes,    Model # 65314DA

here u go , your not trying hard enough, lol.

IMG_0117.JPG

IMG_0116.JPG

Mine is still different, I have attached pictures. My top panel does not bolt on, after looking at your pictures I’m not sure if mine is threaded or one piece. Also you can see the front panel is lower on mine and will not access the rack. The model number of the pump is correct. Do you think it will twist off with a pipe wrench? Thanks Ron

7085B71B-E5D9-45E7-B39C-8E7B1CC75964.jpeg

406EA7D0-D289-44F1-8545-855D0A6345F3.jpeg

E59FBE77-5DFB-4295-B3CD-FEEA998D1F1F.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Ron76 said:

Mine is still different, I have attached pictures. My top panel does not bolt on, after looking at your pictures I’m not sure if mine is threaded or one piece. Also you can see the front panel is lower on mine and will not access the rack. The model number of the pump is correct. Do you think it will twist off with a pipe wrench? Thanks Ron

7085B71B-E5D9-45E7-B39C-8E7B1CC75964.jpeg

406EA7D0-D289-44F1-8545-855D0A6345F3.jpeg

E59FBE77-5DFB-4295-B3CD-FEEA998D1F1F.jpeg

don't know what you are referring to. this is the same pump I sent the picture of. I also told you how to remove the top. ….. remove the lines, remove the nuts holding the top cover on and remove that big nut,lift it off. if you cant figure out how to get the pump apart you sure wont get that rack loosened. get someone with mechanical knowledge to help you out. this is not beginner stuff to practice on. you need to make gaskets and sealing rings for the lines on top housing. most times the rack can be loosed by removing the oil fill spout. do you know these pumps need oil in them also ? the rack is in the pictures I posted and I don't know what your talking about that you cant access it. straight forward job that takes time and finesse.

This may help. Just disassembled this A pump this week. To remove the top cover you need to remove all of the injector lines,  then remove the four nuts from the top of the pump that are just below the injector lines. Then remove nut off the top of the plunger, remove banjo bolt on back side of pump, then the gauge and and line can be lifted off. After all that is removed the top cover can be removed. You will have to remove the plunger assembly to get access to the rack. The rack and plunger are timed together. Just had all of this off on my ODS6 this week.

498B5866-3E85-48A7-AEAD-8FD1B05BF277.jpeg

I pulled the plunger pump apart as it was stuck in my UD14 in a 48 Adam's grader it run fine last year once put together it acts like it wants to run away now could the plunger be in 180 degrees out as it is grooved missed how it came apart on the rack rotator I marked all other parts what might I be missing? My books don't show that fine detail.