5488 powershift prototype

kruegerdiesel

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 6:53 PM, Big Bud guy said:

I thought evil JD was the only one that did no compete clause.

You got the evil part right:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kruegerdiesel said:

the 1/4 scale 7688 it the cab I'm going to try to remake for the 5488 ps.  I believe 100% thats what they had.   magnum cab with a IH roof and headliner.  the dash I might try to mock up with a 50 series cluster.

There were a couple fellows from Minnesota trying to make one out of a 5488 windshield and front frame married to a magnum cab a while ago.

Here’s a little pamphlet I’ve had for years on the IH DT-466. IIRC, I got it when we put an engine in an IH truck 20 years ago. The customer got the engine from a truck dealer, and this came with all the warranty paperwork. Not sure I agree on the specific dates (I thought DT-466s were around before 1975); but I bet the engine serial number info is correct. 

B7BBEC66-8689-4A2E-A964-33D3260CDD68.jpeg

2EB3FF83-2BF9-4E06-8B21-FDC6C88AC801.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, acem said:

What was the first date and use of the dt466 in ag, construction and transportation?

I assume the 4366 was the first ag use.

Thx-Ace

TD-15C in 1972.

It's strange why it took them sooooo many years to get rid of the Ambac pump. Was there a reason? There was talk about patents on the Bosch system but I can't believe that would've been the case.....

1 hour ago, ST-470 said:

TD-15C in 1972.

I have heard great things about that dozer. But 15 to 20 years to late. The old gas start diesels could run,but would not take any over heating or being shut off hot. Other than a owner operator they just didn't get the love to survive. So by 72 most dirt contractors would not even look at a IH dozer.  

18 minutes ago, ray54 said:

I have heard great things about that dozer. But 15 to 20 years to late. The old gas start diesels could run,but would not take any over heating or being shut off hot. Other than a owner operator they just didn't get the love to survive. So by 72 most dirt contractors would not even look at a IH dozer.  

My grandpa was an careful owner/operator and the head still cracked on our TD 14A.  They were just weak heads.

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 10:45 PM, ray54 said:

Yes the TD-15C was/is a heck of a dozer. Had one years ago and it was a very well balanced/put together machine. The 466 engine was the missing link that made this a great dozer. It's too bad with the gas start diesels, a good concept, but having the extra valve and cavity in the head sure made them prone to cracking. DK if more material would've helped.....

Wife just ordered me the octanepress tractors books. The ihc book promises the story of a couple prototype tractors including the magnum development. Got the jd one to with stories of corporate skulduggery they promise. Won’t be here for a while though as only essential stuff first from amazon. 

5F6ADE60-EEBF-4D8C-815D-536CC76A331E.png

51F0CA03-35FD-4A57-A4A4-7A7EB4DAA8D2.png

419BC9EA-33A8-4177-9DB1-A435C3FCBEDA.png

• Like 1

Yep there you have it , the proof is in the pudding , Mr Klancher puts its in writing !!! As I have told all of you before , this is the hopeless Case boys story they want all of you to believe . Here is the real story , they converted our powershift that was completely done into the Magnum and yes it took 40 million for the conversion and two years time . Haul the tractor to Racine so there R&Dpeople could look at it and start the tear down , side frames, motor , hoods , cab roof , dash , rear axels , cast wheels , Case steering wheel /with Buzzard, oh and there key switch . 
‘Here it is boys and girls , we built this from the ground up, poured all the housings built all the gears , did thousands and thousands of hours of testing and in 21 long grueling months here at Case we built this amazing tractors  ?????? it is an amazing tractor , thank you Tenneco for your funding and keeping IH alive ??

Danny 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 10 months later...