Sign in to follow this  
lorenzo

Truckers can’t eat

Lifted the weights restrictions, eased up in the hours but no truck stops open for food. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Lifted the weights restrictions, eased up in the hours but no truck stops open for food. 

Where is Dale 560 at when you need him ( or his wife)!!

• Haha 1

Had some trucker park his rig down the road from Mcdonald"s and walked up they refused to serve him cause he walked up to drive thru. 

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Wes806 said:

Had some trucker park his rig down the road from Mcdonald"s and walked up they refused to serve him cause he walked up to drive thru. 

He could have used his smart phone and the McDonald's app and ordered that way. :D

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

He could have used his smart phone and the McDonald's app and ordered that way. :D

correct.............another option is grocery stores and food in a cooler - not nit picking or anything but i drove for work for years and mon-fri 8 to 5 averaged 3 to 400 miles per day biggest year was 72K working in montana - never ate out one time, i had a cooler, ate sandwiches 90% of the time, lunch meat in the cooler with ice, now days with the battery powered units and tiny fridge like units you could have about everything u wanted even heat things too - i heated burritos on the dash in direct sunlight in tupperware - it doesnt take long to heat anything up in the summer with sunlight and the windows closed at 140degrees in the car. 

fruits n veggies keep well in coolers and pb doesnt spoil, but when i used the cooler and kept it in the trunk my ice lasted a good part of the week so i just ate pb on thur/fri - depending on the weather, in teh winter it wasnt an issue. 

I saw a guy at a rest top recently with a hot plate cooking soup - u can get creative and save TONS of $$$ - trust me i did we didnt have much when we lived in MT and ended up leaving after 2 yrs - it was a picnic every day - so many pretty places to stop and have lunch on the road - places most folks never see or experience - i know this pails in comparison to the hard work/miles you truckers put in, but two meals a day on the road for me I made it work. 

• Like 4

Friend father just drove home to NY from Florida. He's in his late 70's early 80's.....needs to "stop" a lot....he had a hard time. But it's how it is. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Timothy56 said:

Where is Dale 560 at when you need him ( or his wife)!!

Just eating last of the pizza. Feel bad for the truck drivers and thank the lord we had our load restrictions lifted

• Like 1

All of our local businesses have put out social media info saying they will deliver to truckers. Our McDonalds is physically walking food out to truckers. Small town living boys. We gotta get creative to stay afloat down here.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, IHRunner said:

All of our local businesses have put out social media info saying they will deliver to truckers. Our McDonalds is physically walking food out to truckers. Small town living boys. We gotta get creative to stay afloat down here.

There was a viral deal on truckers being refused service, to say the people who read it were ready to burn that Taco Bell to the ground is an understatement, whew, they were Pi$$ed, 

Now they are working with them like your saying. If anything good comes of this maybe the American people will again respect the people who work for a living.  Farmers, Truckers, Store Employees, and the rest of those we can’t live without. Because it’s not the college degrees feeding America right now  

• Like 6

Chicken chef here is right on the highway, they've made it well known that truckers are more than welcome to grab a meal, and use the parking lot to rest or spend the night if needed, trying to help them out any way they can. Lots of small businesses here stepping up and helping out

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wes806 said:

They did him a favor!

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

If anything good comes of this maybe the American people will again respect the people who work for a living.  Farmers, Truckers, Store Employees, and the rest of those we can’t live without. Because it’s not the college degrees feeding America right now  

Don’t hold your breath after this is over.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ihfan4life said:

Don’t hold your breath after this is over.

It's been interesting to see, some of my "friends" on Facebook are from the city, and their attitude towards farmers, truckers, etc. has changed quite a bit in the last week

• Like 3

All the truck stops I’ve seen in Iowa and Illinois are open they have to carry food out is all can’t eat inside. 

• Like 3

I can see eat in trucks or cars slow down the spread. Good people are stepping up and finding ways to cope. Crybabies will always cry and whine. I will say thank the lord the right people are in place to deal with it. Our governor here in North Dakota has been stellar as other Midwest common sense ones have

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Ihfan4life said:

They did him a favor!

For the Mc we have here they sure did do him a favor.   9 times out of 10 they mess my order up

2 hours ago, searcyfarms said:

correct.............another option is grocery stores and food in a cooler - not nit picking or anything but i drove for work for years and mon-fri 8 to 5 averaged 3 to 400 miles per day biggest year was 72K working in montana - never ate out one time, i had a cooler, ate sandwiches 90% of the time, lunch meat in the cooler with ice, now days with the battery powered units and tiny fridge like units you could have about everything u wanted even heat things too - i heated burritos on the dash in direct sunlight in tupperware - it doesnt take long to heat anything up in the summer with sunlight and the windows closed at 140degrees in the car. 

fruits n veggies keep well in coolers and pb doesnt spoil, but when i used the cooler and kept it in the trunk my ice lasted a good part of the week so i just ate pb on thur/fri - depending on the weather, in teh winter it wasnt an issue. 

I saw a guy at a rest top recently with a hot plate cooking soup - u can get creative and save TONS of $$$ - trust me i did we didnt have much when we lived in MT and ended up leaving after 2 yrs - it was a picnic every day - so many pretty places to stop and have lunch on the road - places most folks never see or experience - i know this pails in comparison to the hard work/miles you truckers put in, but two meals a day on the road for me I made it work. 

Not saying that you can’t eat but I am in this seat for a minimum of 10 hours a day. It’s sure nice to be able to sit down somewhere else and not have a steering wheel in the way or stink up the truck by cooking and eating in it. 
Big difference between being home every night and being in the truck every night. Any of you local drivers want to trade for a week?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

Not saying that you can’t eat but I am in this seat for a minimum of 10 hours a day. It’s sure nice to be able to sit down somewhere else and not have a steering wheel in the way or stink up the truck by cooking and eating in it. 
Big difference between being home every night and being in the truck every night. Any of you local drivers want to trade for a week?

no doubt about it, i wouldnt want being away all the time, i havent lived it so sure not saying it would be easy or likable, just did what i had to when i was driving so much and in a car is more comfortable i presume ( not sure with air ride ) I made it work best i could - enjoyed it the best i could - i was a lot younger then too and could sleep in the car with a pillow/blanket as needed - you guys on the road are warriors for sure kudos to you !!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lorenzo said:

I haven’t found anything about weight being lifted. Hours of service change just for supplies. You can get food most places but have to eat out side or in the truck. 
I have a refrigerator in the truck and carry most enough food for a week but I sure miss a hot meal without looking out the windshield!

I will have a microwave in before next week. It’s sitting at home. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

I turned down 20k a year to stay a local driver. 

Here in NY state where we have half the total cases in the country, I have not seen a single eating establishment that was not open for business.

If you can't find a place to eat, you aren't trying. No, you can't sit at a table and eat, but they will put it in a styrofoam box and you can eat it in the truck.

• Like 1

Big truck tipped over on I-80 in Nebraska spilling it's load of Worcestershire sauce.

State Patrol showed up and asked what the situation was.

Sheriff's deputy on scene: "it's hard to say" 🙄😋😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Big truck tipped over on I-80 in Nebraska spilling it's load of Worcestershire sauce.

State Patrol showed up and asked what the situation was.

Sheriff's deputy on scene: "it's hard to say" 🙄😋😁

Did you make that one up? 

• Haha 2