What are you planting with in 2020?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After 15 years of using my 8920 and JD 1760 I made a upgrade to this new rig but I will plant a few acres with the 800 8 row.  Hired man will get a lot of seat time in the planter.  I usually run the

What the heck, I might as well add some more.  Need to get the 5488 we still plant a lot of beans with in there, too.    more.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, clay neubauer said:

What the heck, I might as well add some more.  Need to get the 5488 we still plant a lot of beans with in there, too.

Nite1250.JPG more.

PlantingBullpen.jpg

MoonPlanter.jpg

Tender.jpg

5488Drilling.jpg

DMI.jpg

PlanterMoon2.jpg

AIMCommand.jpg

Sprayer.jpg

Someday I hope to own a STX Steiger for a blade tractor. Seems like a huge step up from the 9170 we have

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bitty said:

Someday I hope to own a STX Steiger for a blade tractor. Seems like a huge step up from the 9170 we have

Stay away from the first 2 generations of STX for packing tractors, no one here could keep a transmission in one on the bunk. 

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, ChrisNY said:

Stay away from the first 2 generations of STX for packing tractors, no one here could keep a transmission in one on the bunk. 

What size were they? Are they the two STX 325s that are/were at landpro? 

9 hours ago, bitty said:

What size were they? Are they the two STX 325s that are/were at landpro? 

There were several different sizes, 325's, 375's mostly. Neighbor had a 325 they bought with the 10 year warranty, 6 transmissions in 10 years. as soon as warranty expired it was traded on a green one.

No idea on the ones at Landpro, most all the early STX's are long gone now. the new Steiger series seems to be holding up a lot better and red is starting to make a comeback in this area, The STX and MX series were the best thing to happen to the Deere dealers in this area.

• Thanks 1
On 3/25/2020 at 8:54 PM, Farmerboy72 said:

White 6800 planter for beans behind the 7120, and 6 row John Deere 7000 with a cultiplanter behind a McCormick MTX 135 for corn.

IMG_1804.JPG

IMG_1808.JPG

That's a sweet set up in the bottom picture!!

On 3/26/2020 at 1:26 PM, clay neubauer said:

What the heck, I might as well add some more.  Need to get the 5488 we still plant a lot of beans with in there, too.

Nite1250.JPG more.

PlantingBullpen.jpg

MoonPlanter.jpg

Tender.jpg

5488Drilling.jpg

DMI.jpg

PlanterMoon2.jpg

AIMCommand.jpg

Sprayer.jpg

Awesome pictures!!

• Like 1

Pulled the first planter in the shop to get ready. 15th of May is the time we hope to start corn . Harvesting rye hopefully first in the first week of May, haylage second week. Trying these aftermarket lead opening disks this year. 

IMG_20200327_183543906.jpg

IMG_20200327_183554805.jpg

IMG_20200327_183602407.jpg

2 hours ago, bitty said:

Pulled the first planter in the shop to get ready. 15th of May is the time we hope to start corn . Harvesting rye hopefully first in the first week of May, haylage second week. Trying these aftermarket lead opening disks this year. 

IMG_20200327_183543906.jpg

IMG_20200327_183554805.jpg

IMG_20200327_183602407.jpg

That looks like a bigger bearing , or does it just look that way in the picture?

3 minutes ago, bkorth said:

That looks like a bigger bearing , or does it just look that way in the picture?

It's a replaceable bearing. We are stony and rocky enough that the disks wear out before bearing failure

I just wish the farm was not rented out and we still had equipment to plant it with. 

What we had at the end was a 2007 Kinze 3000 4 row with inter plant for7 row 15 inch beans that we pulled with the 7120.

Hard for me to believe it's been 6 years already that we have rented the farm out. At least the people who rent it use red equipment.

DSCN0721.JPG

DSCN0732.JPG

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ihcubguy said:

I just wish the farm was not rented out and we still had equipment to plant it with. 

What we had at the end was a 2007 Kinze 3000 4 row with inter plant for7 row 15 inch beans that we pulled with the 7120.

Hard for me to believe it's been 6 years already that we have rented the farm out. At least the people who rent it use red equipment.

DSCN0721.JPG

DSCN0732.JPG

I have never seen a 4 row with interplants. Pretty cool little setup

3 hours ago, Ihcubguy said:

DSCN0721.JPG

DSCN0732.JPG

I couldn’t imagine pulling into a 200 acre field with a 10’ wide planter..

My 70 year old neighbor still plants between 150 and 200 acres of corn with a JD 494a 4 row wide planter.  Has enough cash to buy a brand new 12 row and tractor to pull it but that's not how his dad did it so he can't either.

2 hours ago, jass1660 said:

I couldn't dream of a 200 acre field ........

Last year we planted with the deutx Allis 4 row planter we bought new in the early 80's we planted 360 acres 

2 hours ago, jass1660 said:

We only farmed 150 acres total of corn and beans.  Had the magnum before the planter when we still did tillage. 

19480.jpg

19478.jpg

19479.jpg

2 hours ago, ChrisNY said:

I have never seen a 4 row with interplants. Pretty cool little setup

Binkley & Hurst built us the planter to our specs. Look at it close you see the tongue is a lighter blue color than the planter is. Cannot remember exactly anymore but I believe it was because the tongue was from something Kinze made for Monosem? Or maybe the frame was? I do not remember exactly anymore but that is how it was delivered brand new to us though.