For Michigan Members

Shelter in place starting at midnight tonight

3 weeks

[like its a bad thing being here in the Keweenaw stuck on the farm]:D

Mike

• Like 2

Same here.  I work maintenance for a large retail chain.  My only concern is that I don't take enough precautionary measures and bring something home for my daughter/wife.  Not that I don't wash my hands etc usually but I'm more conscious of it now.  

6 hours ago, farmallman77 said:

.  Less people on the roads. 

and yet there are a surprising amount of idiots still out in the way.  

As a construction worker I am considered essential.  

Life as normal for me.  Less people on the roads. 

Chris. 

Definition of essential.   You keep your  a$$ working while those in charge go hide. 

• Like 1

I work with my dad in the automotive collision industry. We have a few jobs leftover from last week and brought in four more this morning. Plenty of work just hope parts and material suppliers continue to support us. 

God bless!

7 minutes ago, superih said:

Have any Republican governor's ordered their state to stay at home?

Ohio is Republican 

• Like 1

The pallet mill I work for produces pallets for the food industry which makes us essential, bosses got the letter today. Actually from what I hear, I'm not in the mill as I'm part of the logging operation, orders are up this week.

I run an appliance sales and service business, ours is essential, so NBD. We have actually seen an uptick in business because people are actually home using their appliances.  They still need taxpayers. I hope these "leaders" realize the effect on the mental health of those that own the small businesses affected. Unfortunately not everyone can handle the stress that this causes, I worry for them. 

• Like 1

Well I farm full time ..So work as usual .  Service and prep time for tractors and equipment.  Plus we will be starting seedlings for our squash and pumpkin side line soon . Most of the supplies are on hand so no need to travel much. Just talked with Oz farm,,,,,,everything shut down down under as well. We don't have ass wipe and they are short on booze ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, TractormanMike.mb said:

The pallet mill I work for produces pallets for the food industry which makes us essential, bosses got the letter today. Actually from what I hear, I'm not in the mill as I'm part of the logging operation, orders are up this week.

and they are great for wooden stock panels for the pig pens.

Mike

• Like 1
On 3/23/2020 at 1:20 PM, Mike H said:

Shelter in place starting at midnight tonight

3 weeks

[like its a bad thing being here in the Keweenaw stuck on the farm]:D

You live in beautiful country up there. My employer is classified as a critical infrastructure operation, so we are fully exempt from the rule, but we have some older guys and they don't want anyone getting sick, so they are only having us work 1 or 2 10 hour days a week for the next 3 weeks. If one of us got sick, all of us would probably be sick, then there wouldn't be any of us at work at all.

22 hours ago, JaredT said:

I run an appliance sales and service business, ours is essential, so NBD. We have actually seen an uptick in business because people are actually home using their appliances.  They still need taxpayers. I hope these "leaders" realize the effect on the mental health of those that own the small businesses affected. Unfortunately not everyone can handle the stress that this causes, I worry for them. 

My wife has her own business and has been closed down for 2 weeks.  She told me just today she is depressed.  

• Sad 2

Just got an email that our local CaseIH dealer is shutdown to the general public. Parts orders must be called in. All orders must be paid in advance or charged to your Case Credit account. Items will be set outside for pickup,or if you call and tell them you are outside, someone will bring them out to you.

Service is by appointment only.

Call a Salesman if you want to buy something new or used.

I sure hope i don't have any huge breakdowns this spring!!!

On 3/23/2020 at 8:46 PM, drglinski said:

and yet there are a surprising amount of idiots still out in the way.  

Know all about those idiots.... retired from road comm. two years ago. I've seen it all and then some. Repairing tractors and lawn mowers  and farming keep me pretty busy. lock down not bothering me to much.

9 hours ago, Allredallday said:

Just got an email that our local CaseIH dealer is shutdown to the general public. Parts orders must be called in. All orders must be paid in advance or charged to your Case Credit account. Items will be set outside for pickup,or if you call and tell them you are outside, someone will bring them out to you.

Service is by appointment only.

Call a Salesman if you want to buy something new or used.

I sure hope i don't have any huge breakdowns this spring!!!

That dealer seems to be next to useless these days anyway lol.  

I'm just waiting to see how they acrew this up too.  

Chris.  

2 hours ago, farmallman77 said:

Chris.  

Agree. Call and tell them you need a water pump for a Farmall cub and watch the circus begin. lol

Chris.  

...not opening up again, ever I’m sure