Yet another project... 3514 backhoe

Tried buying this very machine years back when I was restoring the one I had...owner wouldn't budge.  Fast forward 5 years later and I'm sent to a nursery to demo the structures and clean up the lot. Backhoe is still sitting in the same place. Talked to the grandson of the former owner and was told motor was rebuilt,tranny was rebuilt, rear axle broke and machine was dismantled for repair then they have up and  just bought another machine. Missing u bolts and one bracket for the hoe... swing shaft and top plate are in very nice shape.  So its loaded and at home. Going to see if the motor runs. If so I'll have a tractor for the yard.  Still havent touched my hf payloader but who could pass this up ?

20200310_115013.jpg

20200321_092040.jpg

The machine differs from mine. This has a 4 speed transmission with the forward/reverse pedals. Mine was hydrostatic with high and low. The engine doesnt appear to be a d239. Rosa master pump om right side. Also has 3141 backhoe. Mine had a 3121. Anyone is looking for backhoe parts let me know as I dont plan on using that unless I locate the missing bracket.

same happens here  

start repairing X  get too deep try to recoup  $3500 <...too much $$$ in the parts,.no one bites at < $2K they part or scrap    3 so far this year

I guess scrap is so low now it would cost more to pay someone to load the machine up and haul it to the scrap yard than what they would have gotten for it. Cat 938 picked the entire tractor up with no problem....I'd guess 6 tons at the most.

34 minutes ago, brian falcone said:

I guess scrap is so low now it would cost more to pay someone to load the machine up and haul it to the scrap yard than what they would have gotten for it. Cat 938 picked the entire tractor up with no problem....I'd guess 6 tons at the most.

hopefully it goes to and stays less $ than the sea voyage.

low $$ did not deter stealing nor the known stolen buying,

yards WERE running 6 days   open at 8am , saturdays  line starts at 6am they have to force gates closed at 11am.    once inside gate cant be bought until shredded (so you cant track stolen)+ the sop of 15%> under on scale

biggest BS is common man is NOT allowed to have ANYTHING setting