Case Ih 1620

Dillsburg 560D

Has anyone ever seen a cab similar to this one ? The windows aren’t like 1600 series cabs. Thinking it could e a cotton picker or something. Also the hydraulics are totally different. Spin on filters like 21,23,2500 series machines. It came from a local university. It is an early serial number where it should have a German diesel but has a 5.9 Cummins. Serial number makes it to be a 1987 model. Electrical harnessing is different as well. Hopefully I can get pictures to load. I’m pretty sure Burr Ridge had something to do with this combine. I’m now the owner of this rig. 

A8E5A3C5-DFDA-4732-B64C-961EF68198F7.jpeg

272F7081-1955-4BC7-AEAE-49122F134319.jpeg

D38A9524-8BE4-4DEC-BB57-730109F7D1FC.jpeg

B7816155-5DF2-41D1-BFA8-B73334E99B19.jpeg

• Like 2

I think it is very similar to the one on the 1460 we parted out to make a 30' disk mower 

12 minutes ago, Big Bud guy said:

Universities tend to modify machinery to suit their own needs.  

They installed a weight scale in the grain tank and a yield monitor. They didn’t install the hydraulics and engine. I haven’t ever seen a cup holder molded into the top of he shift quadrant before. I’ve worked on IH/Case IH  combines for 20 years. Just don’t recall ever seeing one like this one. The sides of the inside of cab have upholstery on them as well. 

1 hour ago, Dillsburg 560D said:

They installed a weight scale in the grain tank and a yield monitor. They didn’t install the hydraulics and engine. I haven’t ever seen a cup holder molded into the top of he shift quadrant before. I’ve worked on IH/Case IH  combines for 20 years. Just don’t recall ever seeing one like this one. The sides of the inside of cab have upholstery on them as well. 

The local Ag university last I knew had a old AF 1680 or something similar with an onboard on the go protein tester.  Can't remember what else was different about it.  

• Like 1

There was a 1620 sitting in "Jansons" farm equipment Dealer last fall,  4 row corn head,   Nice Red Paint,   A family member had it on consignment,  $20,000. or best offer.

It was at the far end of the machinery row,  when we drove out of the dealers driveway,  we would glance at the used tractors, and other stuff, I would struggle to read the home made sign in the Cab front window,   1500 hrs.,  Cummins engine,  new batteries, many new parts, ect. and of course the phone number.

We had a wet 2019 fall,   didn't have a reason to go to the dealership,  Next time we went to town, "Jansons" had 4 Big newer style John Deere combines in the machinery row, When we spoke with the salesman about the "Deeres" I asked about the 1620,

He said,  Oh the,   "Michigan State University Special"? He told about all the "Customized" parts, the 1620 had bolted on,  He also said, That one was different from the standard 1620's.  I find this Interesting.

Jim Droscha

• Like 1