Two old friends came back home

What a set of fortune came your way!

This is a great story.  Thank you for sharing it and the photos as well.

• Thanks 1

That is really cool, The only thing that I can say my dad owned a Case 530 backhoe 3 times. New off the proving grounds, then off a guy that he didn't sell it to, then off a estate sale. I don't know where it is now.

Glad you got them back! Very lucky. 

• Thanks 1

Wow what an awesome story and awesome tractors!!! Congratulations!!

• Thanks 1

Here is our late 1256. Been sitting in the same spot in the hay field for a month now. 18 degrees this morning 28 when he started it. About 2.5 minutes later driving away

BDCD11E0-1177-4BE4-9414-DCABBDE996E5.jpeg

510E0641-DD4B-4DFA-82FF-FC7416F3BEC6.jpeg

C8244830-9C90-4DD3-B466-E471A7EAC9ED.png

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Thought I’d post alittle follow up on the two old friends here now that I’ve had some time to do some work to them. Finally was able to get them both back to the shop for a picture of what I’ve done. The 1256 had the cab painted all red which i couldn’t stand. Took everything off and painted it back to the original white trim. Added the missing cab latches and one qt1 emblem thanks to matt(international 1466). Located the year around decals for it and put the original light setup on it and after a two month search was able to find the light brackets for the side of the cab. Added new turbo decals and found a like new set of duals for it and painted the rims white just as they were originally. Added front weights too. Fixed a few leaks, nothing too major , just a few o rings and gaskets.The 1486 got a new motor valve installed, some seals and gaskets replaced, and a reman steering pump. Should be good to go now. Love seeing both of these back on the farm everyday.  

6C825F3F-B0C7-4BB1-A012-F6F589E219B1.jpeg

BA1F8798-0394-4D05-BAA6-58133D696313.jpeg

5C3466E5-AB94-45B6-8082-6B3804990B5A.jpeg

23DDFD32-C824-415A-BB02-80CA30000A72.jpeg

16FCA4DC-74B0-4F89-A7F9-0D0A0F29DD70.jpeg

EE082E14-566B-475F-B77A-AD80C603787A.jpeg

35826D94-28F3-4E33-BF46-78B7A94C5A51.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, The New Number One said:

Fantastic, almost fairytale good ending story, great looking pair of tractors. Well done Cummings 1486!

Thank you very much!

...like every body....certainly enjoyed that story...…..!!!   You must be very happy to be reunited with  your family heritage.....Well done !!

Mike

• Thanks 1

Thank you for posting the update.

That is a good-looking pair. 

Congratulations.

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

That 1256 looks awesome!!! Good looking set of duals you found as well!! Those must have been expensive?! 

Thank you! They weren’t too terrible but definitely not cheap. That tractor has radials on it and had to look a bit to find some. These were firestone matching to what is on there now so that made it even more attractive. Guy had put them on brand new and hardly used them then sold the tractor. Tires still have the hairs and nubs on them yet. Got the tires , rims, and a set of ih hubs for 2k. The tires new alone they priced me at 1100 so I thought it was a decent deal 

1 hour ago, Farmall1066 said:

Wow!! Yeah I’d say you got a good deal!!! I’d like to find a matching set for my 1256 as well, those are good tires!!! 

You bet! They sure and they’ll last quite along time as this tractor won’t get used a ton. I actually found these over at Randall brothers in holgate Ohio. Not sure where you’re located but he has a huge selection of tires and rims and is good to work with. Might be worth a look ! 

3 hours ago, Farmall1066 said:

East central Minnesota is my location.  Are you near Randall Brothers?

They’re east of us about 3 hours 

• Thanks 1