Who lives in most remote location??

Delta Dirt

Just thinking about all of the "shelter in place" and stay at home warnings associated with the Corona virus crisis----------made me wonder who on the RedPower board lives in the most remote location.

We live in the country on a farm here in the Mississippi Delta but are far from having a remote location.  How about some of you boys out West-------or maybe downunder???

My horse Wrangler sez he ain't really concerned about "social distancing.

20200319_165051.thumb.jpg.f2da94fb87db8ce6e236b79a433e5aa1.jpg

Older I get------the more remote I prefer.

DD

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Not real remote here. Bout 10 min away from anywhere in my local town of about 18,000 iirc.  45 min to an hour from state capital.  Am in the country on a realtively lightly traveld road tho. 

26 minutes ago, Delta Dirt said:

We live in the country on a farm here in the Mississippi Delta

Not too sure where Avon is but I used to go down many times and see a couple of chums from the Confederate Air Force, Dudley Johnson and "Buck" Rodgers at Rolling Fork.  Had a green Bell P-63 King Cobra.  

And used to be an Air Force base at Greenville, MS.

best, randy

• Like 1

I'm 10 miles north of the 49th ,2 miles to town,35 to a car dealership ,implements or drug store. 2-3 hours to any bigger centres of 15 thousand. Is that remote enough.

I'm about 300 miles southwest of Poor farmer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IKS said:

I'm 10 miles north of the 49th ,2 miles to town,35 to a car dealership ,implements or drug store. 2-3 hours to any bigger centres of 15 thousand. Is that remote enough.

I'm about 300 miles southwest of Poor farmer.

I'm kind of, but not exactly in between you guys. 12 miles from a town of maybe 500? Neighbours are pretty sparse. Most days the school bus is the only traffic on the main road half a mile from my yard And as of today the schools are closed down so no more bus. . I've just gone a week without seeing another human but that is normal for me in winter. And not a problem. Totally dark and quiet outside here at night. Might hear a coyote howl or an owl hoot sometimes. 

Jan 30 drone.jpg

• Like 9

3 miles to town of about 700? 4 miles away from interstate 99. We are a 1/2 hour drive to the closest traffic light. 

• Like 1

3.5 miles from a town of 2000. Live at the end of a dead end gravel road.  Nearest neighbor is about 1/2 mile away. Interstate 64 is 10 miles south. 

• Like 1

5 miles to the closest town of about 1600 people (just googled it and honestly thought it was only 600. Shows how much time I spend in town lol). I'm definitely not far from civilization but I can also not go to town for over a month if need be. If I need to get to a remote location where no one can get ahold of me, a few minutes on the sled and I can be in no mans land lol. Alot of people say we live in the sticks or the boonies lol

We are out in lake Superior on the Keweenaw peninsula ,,get lake effect snow  in every direction except SSW.

1 neighbor across the street.

other neighbors about 1/2 mile  away in both directions.

nearest small town about 5 miles away.

Id say semi remote and love it.

Mike  

• Like 1

A mile from the Can/US border outskirts of  Vancouver/surrey/Richmond/Langley lower mainland area,  approximately 2.8 mil. Then Washington state right across the border, now I’m not making light of anything with my answer, but we are not too worried because we are taking all and any precautions, plus even at our age we have no underlying ailments, but cmon now, elbow bumps? Really? Do people’s idea of interacting always have to be touching.

13 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

12 miles from town of 150 and 50 miles from town of 2800.

130 to Walmart.

Still too damn close to civilization.

That’s why I love going hunting a couple of times a year. 100 miles in the bush, me beside a tree.

• Like 4

…...about   8000 miles from    Disney Land...….about   60 minutes   from  a regular, small town...….neighbour  about one mile either   side  of us.....and we are across   a river...via  a  swingbridge,   about 100 yds   from the local    gravel road.,....which dead ends about 3  miles  further up the valley...… Off grid   living....

Mike  

• Like 2