Tacstjohn

International C1200 4x4

Hello, I recently acquired an IH C1200 4x4. Everything looks to be there minus the tailgate. Body is straight but has alot of completely rusted through spots. Not really looking to restore at this time as I've heard body parts are very hard to come by. Just want to get it running/driving right so I can putz around the farm. The motor is free. Just wondering what year it is? What size engine do I have? Where to get parts? And any other info that might help. Thanks!

Pictures, pictures, pictures! Oh, and did I mention, PICTURES?!

Hi, I think I got some pictures uploaded, sorry about that. Tag says certified net horsepower is 142.5 at 4400 and certified gross is 154.8 at 4400. Thanks!

20200321_172014.jpg

20200321_172041.jpg

20200321_172150.jpg

20200321_172132.jpg

20200321_172111.jpg

It has a Micro-lock brake lock . Handy, but don't use it as a parking brake! 142 HP is a 304. Looks like a 1964 or 65.

• Thanks 1

These folks on the list are great I try to support the lightline dealers when possible

Find a Dealer

• Thanks 1

Nice straight old truck. Dang rust!

• Thanks 1

Looks good. Didn't realize the body style hadn't changed yet. Looks alot like my 4dr. Might even have the IH locker in the rear as mine did

• Thanks 1

This model was produced in 1963-64 according to my IHC gray truck book.  Can't tell which year but I have one just like it without the box.  Does yours have a hefty single lever for the transfer case because I can't see one?  

I agree, that big old shifter for the transfer was crazy big. I think I might be able to see it in one of the pics

Mark

21 hours ago, oldscoutdiesel said:

This model was produced in 1963-64 according to my IHC gray truck book.  Can't tell which year but I have one just like it without the box.  Does yours have a hefty single lever for the transfer case because I can't see one?  

20200323_175825.jpg

that's a 266. A 305 is 193 hp at 4400 rpm.