I recently changed the hydraulic filter in my 574. Before I did this I had no issues at all with the hydraulics. Now I can't seem to get the filter primed back. I have actuated the lift controls over and over again to try and bleed the air out of the system. I don't have any pressure and I can't hear my pump whining like it use to. Do you think it's possible I had a weak pump and finally just went out upon trying to prime back this time? I've NEVER had this much trouble after a hyd filter change. 

Below is a picture of the filter. Dry as a bone. Not getting anything into the housing when I start the tractor up. 

Thanks in advance for any insight.

574_Filter.jpg

4 hours ago, FarmBoy12 said:

I recently changed the hydraulic filter in my 574. Before I did this I had no issues at all with the hydraulics. Now I can't seem to get the filter primed back. I have actuated the lift controls over and over again to try and bleed the air out of the system. I don't have any pressure and I can't hear my pump whining like it use to. Do you think it's possible I had a weak pump and finally just went out upon trying to prime back this time? I've NEVER had this much trouble after a hyd filter change. 

Below is a picture of the filter. Dry as a bone. Not getting anything into the housing when I start the tractor up. 

Thanks in advance for any insight.

574_Filter.jpg

Hydraulic oil level correct?  there's two places oil settles typically either it the transmission section or the rear end final drive area try putting a couple gallon more of oil into the plug on the back

Filter canister a lot of times doesn't get in groove correctly. Filter is between reservoir and pump, top of filter canister is higher than oil level. Take a bit of grease and go all the way around filter canister (make sure its seated correctly first) see if the grease creates a seal for you. You can also lightly pressurize the transmission to "push" oil into filter / pump. Be very careful doing this as you can invert the lip of a seal if you apply to much pressure. 

Good luck!!

37 minutes ago, ksfarmdude said:

Hydraulic oil level correct?  there's two places oil settles typically either it the transmission section or the rear end final drive area try putting a couple gallon more of oil into the plug on the back

Yes. I even gave it a little extra to help with it. 

16 minutes ago, CIHTECH said:

Filter canister a lot of times doesn't get in groove correctly. Filter is between reservoir and pump, top of filter canister is higher than oil level. Take a bit of grease and go all the way around filter canister (make sure its seated correctly first) see if the grease creates a seal for you. You can also lightly pressurize the transmission to "push" oil into filter / pump. Be very careful doing this as you can invert the lip of a seal if you apply to much pressure. 

Good luck!!

You're talking about where the housing sits in the oring, correct?

How are you pressurizing the trans?

Yes on the canister seating against the square cut sealing ring.

I like to use an air pressure regulator which I have a gauge on so I can monitor pressure. A simple way is use a blow gun in the oil fill port, wrap a rag or something around blow gun to aid in sealing.

Had this happen to me once. Mine had a suction leak on the oring that's on the bolt holding the cover on. Make sure you use the correct oring,,2 supplied in the filter kit one is the wrong size. Make sure the new big oring on the MCV end of the cover is new also.