West Texas people

Lazy WP

I am not familiar enough with cotton. When do you plant it? Saw what looked like a corn planter in the field today north of Hereford. Was it corn or cotton? Or something else?

On a different note I hollered at Sandhiller yesterday on the cb and was in Cedar Rapids Iowa Monday. 

17 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

a different note I hollered at Sandhiller yesterday on the cb 

Going west on 20?

Red Pete, grain trailer?

it's corn plantn time! I should be planting a little corn but we are having flash floods instead. I got oats up though. Cotton gets planted the first of may in arkansas, probably west texas too. Thx-Ace

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lazy WP said:

I am not familiar enough with cotton. When do you plant it? Saw what looked like a corn planter in the field today north of Hereford. Was it corn or cotton? Or something else?

On a different note I hollered at Sandhiller yesterday on the cb and was in Cedar Rapids Iowa Monday. 

I feel sorry for you if you were in Cedar Rapids.  I guess it's not bad depending what you're doing.  I spent a little time hauling corn to ADM and it wasn't any fun.

4 hours ago, Lazy WP said:

Yep that’s me. 

Wish we would have been going the same direction.

Your radio sounded good, what are you running?

14 hours ago, Lazy WP said:

Thanks to all you truckers everywhere , it a big deal to be out on the road to get us everything we need to keep going in the situation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

Wish we would have been going the same direction.

Your radio sounded good, what are you running?

It’s a 29ltd. Used to be really good but I tried to burn it up with a bad antenna. There’s a guy in Salina that tuned it up.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IH Forever said:

I feel sorry for you if you were in Cedar Rapids.  I guess it's not bad depending what you're doing.  I spent a little time hauling corn to ADM and it wasn't any fun.

I loaded gluten pellets. Probably the fastest time in and out there. It’s normally a 5 hour wait. Made it in under 2 hours this time.