International Fork Lift

any  one  near it in Sd  ,would consider if they held it for ....until safe

well cared for, but over 5K hrs .does need  + - $1500 in repairs

504/544...?  IH Dealer/Martinson's got new one early 70's , upgrade from Super C /C that was than used as backup afterwards.  Theirs didn't have the weight extension on top of weight box behind radiator or the backup alarm. Brooklyn dealer, Carter & Gruenewald was using the C/ Super C forklift yet in 2009.

That one is based on a 2504 tractor had one similar the steering linkage gave some problems but not bad replaced it with a 4500 gas then a 4500B diesel good lift in its day dry clutch manual shift machine.

Our 5421  IH  Fork lift

IMG_0447.JPG

• Like 2

IMG_0449.JPG

• Like 2

- 54 designates 504  chassis

- 21 is height of lift, 21 feet, with 3 stage mast

Identical  tractor to 504U farm application with diff flipped over. With forward and reverser the reverse idler gear is deleted, bought this unit 30 years ago with the engine in a box. Rebuild the C153 and its been one of the handiest lifts we own. We removed the original counter weight box as it was badly damaged from backing into things, just hang the suit case weights on as needed. Relocated some wheel weights today to gain some storage space. (Should probably just sell some cause there getting too heavy to install and remove again.)

Carl

IMG_0443.JPG

• Like 2

I have a 5614- 14' lift. lifts most anything. Big weight box on rear is almost too much, does not like soft ground

17 hours ago, 7and8and1456 said:

Here is an old forklift I saw near here 12 years ago.  It is a 560. 

IMG_1031 (Large).JPG

Looks like it is based off a 560 standard.

300 utility based forklifts I have seen a few of. Was two at local sawmills some years ago

I have not been by there in years, but has anybody seen the full size lift based of either a 56 or 66 series, located in use at the case Ih dealer  near Waterloo or Geneva NY?  It's full size.  That's bad....I can't remember the town even.  I can only picture the 20-30 ish 100lb suitcase weights that were hanging off the back of it. 

19 hours ago, AHINKLE said:

20151122_141102.thumb.jpg.019ba043dbfb9b5b3e859f03fc560d52.jpg

Local CO-OP had one of these years ago,  Couldn't drive it in straight line,  Steering box was worn, The old machine was tuff shape when they acquired it!!!!

I like how they modified the steering in the pictured 350 tractor, The CO-OP's lift tractors oil reserve was the large tank on the back of the machine, The Simple lift pump was on the PTO of the tractor, Tight against the lift cylinder,  when we lined up to get our seed corn in the spring, That oil tank was very warm from the Radiator & Hydraulic pump use!! 

Thanks for the Great pictures Neighbors!!!

Jim Droscha 

10 hours ago, stronger800 said:

I have not been by there in years, but has anybody seen the full size lift based of either a 56 or 66 series, located in use at the case Ih dealer  near Waterloo or Geneva NY?  It's full size.  That's bad....I can't remember the town even.  I can only picture the 20-30 ish 100lb suitcase weights that were hanging off the back of it. 

This might be the same machine, but I remember a turned-around 826 at Rodman Lott Farms for the Empire Farm Days in Seneca Falls. 

I think you are thinking of what is now Empire tractor in Waterloo on rt 318. Years ago there was F& W equipment in Geneva that had a  narrow front IH that had a boom lift mounted and was driven in reverse like a forklift. That was a beast of a machine at the time.

There is a sawmill near me that has a couple old ih forklifts, I think they are based off of a 460 or 560 utility. I don't think they use them anymore. I haul wood into there occasionally, I will have to try and get some pictures sometime.

On 3/21/2020 at 5:15 AM, DroschaFamilyDairy said:

Local CO-OP had one of these years ago,  Couldn't drive it in straight line,  Steering box was worn, The old machine was tuff shape when they acquired it!!!!

I like how they modified the steering in the pictured 350 tractor, The CO-OP's lift tractors oil reserve was the large tank on the back of the machine, The Simple lift pump was on the PTO of the tractor, Tight against the lift cylinder,  when we lined up to get our seed corn in the spring, That oil tank was very warm from the Radiator & Hydraulic pump use!! 

Thanks for the Great pictures Neighbors!!!

Jim Droscha 

I've modified the jerryrigged steering again since the photo. It had too much leverage on the spindle on my first build. Originally it was a hyd torque generator that was hooked to the steering shaft via a chain, terrible system. I also installed a mast from a toyota lift and made a fork positioner that works off the side shift circuit. The power steering operates off the tractor pump and the mast pump off the front of crank. The main reservoir is in front of the operator where the controls attach. It's a pleasure to operate but very thirsty.20200324_153508.thumb.jpg.883aaf79b027db9370fc5ddde89fac65.jpg20200324_153456.thumb.jpg.ef060f0c82fbc763e1646f81189ef5a4.jpg

• Like 2