The unexpected project

I have posted on here a few times about this tractor after buying it at an auction last fall. It was supposed to be a cheap tractor for moving wagons around the farm. After all the issues that I found and fixed figured along as it was tore down might as well paint it to. Turned out to be not so cheap and undecided on what its duties will be.

20191102_141451.jpg

20200121_213130.jpg

20200315_142607.jpg

20200315_142801.jpg

20200315_142812.jpg

20200315_142618.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Retirement duties for that beauty!

• Like 1

Now that it is pretty you can just look at or park it out front so everybody can look at it. Maybe a little roof like Danny did for his roadside marker tractor.

Very nice

Good job on the 560!  Looks just like my ‘59 diesel in that it has a 450 style seat and cast front wheels.  Mine is second owner and I always assumed someone had to swap seat and wide front since most 560’s have steel front wheels and a suspension style seat.  I discovered those cast front wheels use a different bearing than the steel wheel hub.  Good luck.

21 hours ago, fputnamjr said:

Retirement duties for that beauty!

no way! put it to work to pay off it's expense.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, cride383 said:

A little off topic but does anyone know what kinda flat top fenders were on it when I bought it 

They look like they are backwards but I don't know what brand. Do you have a picture from the back from before? 

1 hour ago, cride383 said:

A little off topic but does anyone know what kinda flat top fenders were on it when I bought it 

no but i love the look of my old 560 with IH flat tops - it gets better lift for flying too with the ears pinned back

1 hour ago, Jacka said:

Looks great,flat top fenders look stupid,out of place on a 560,so much better with the shell fenders.

560 left side.jpg

560 front lights on.jpg

• Like 2

Are those the same rear tires that came with the tractor? if so excellent! 

5 hours ago, dale560 said:

The flat tops on originally were Oliver fenders. Dads scam artist buddy had a really nice gas 560 like this. He put a set of MM clam shell fenders on it they looked nice but he left them yellow .

If those Oliver flat tops aren't rusted out they could be worth most of what you paid for the whole thing, they are really rust prone and hard to find without rust.

28 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

If those Oliver flat tops aren't rusted out they could be worth most of what you paid for the whole thing, they are really rust prone and hard to find without rust.

Got a set of Oliver flat tops here was going to put them on a ihc. But found a set of ih fenders.