Tunneldigger

856 injector lines

Is there any secrets to replace the rear banjo seals on them besides having lines loose? It takes me alot of swearing to get them changed and then after it still leaked.

No secrets.  They suck.  Which style do you have? I think there are about 3 styles it could have had.  Two different types of brass seals, teflon and steel.  One type of line you can use teflon, steel or brass.  Sometimes if one material doesn't work, the other will.  

2 hours ago, Tunneldigger said:

Is there any secrets to replace the rear banjo seals on them besides having lines loose? It takes me alot of swearing to get them changed and then after it still leaked.

I just did 656 injector pump lines your right they and a pain in the rump mine used the steel sealing type seals the back side is so hard to get to and see what your doing one secret I do on those is put a very light coating of 515 loctite only on the seals and never have leaks

First off, leave the gaskets out and diddle daddle the line around to the point where you can install the bolt easily with your fingers without loosening the nut at the injection nozzle.  May have to loosen the clamps holding lines in place. Now, a 856 never used any gasket except the teflon one that fits into the recess in the banjo on the line. Put a tiny dab of vaseline to hold gasket if it does not fit nice and tight in the banjo.  Then install the bolt.  

Cold engine makes it a lot better and I always clean things with air and brake cleaner or paint thinner before even taking the line off.  

• Like 1