getting tested

pt756

Orson Welles "War of the Worlds" has nothing on this. The MSM has blown it so far out of proportion that people are running scared. Many are the same folks who won't get a flu shot but would rush to get a Corvid19 if invented tomorrow even though the flu is just as likely to kill them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 12_Guy said:

I fear, with all the hype and misinformation, that this thing will get ugly. God help us all! 

That's why while everyone else has been hoarding TP and hand sanitizer I've quietly been buying ammunition.

If you think it's bad now with people fighting over TP just wait until the food shelves at the store are empty.

I can't defend my property with rolls of TP.

• Like 3

I'm still more worried about y2k, amd everyone going along with this and making people panicking is part of the problem, if the news never mentioned it it would have come and gone and none of nothing would have changed, you talk about getting the virus like on the x files when it meant the world was ending. I dont get the flu shot amd I go the flu this year, it was pretty bad but no big deal, usually get the flu every 5 years, before that when ingot the flu shot every year I got the flu every year. Why are people flipping about about getting the flu? It sux to get the flu, your tummy hurts , you get dehydrated, you throw up, ya it sux then you get better amd go back to life. People talking about stockpiling weapons to get food when the coronavirus apocalypse comes, it's so stupid. More people die from being prescribed the wrong medication than this. Settle down people.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rusty shackleford said:

I'm still more worried about y2k, amd everyone going along with this and making people panicking is part of the problem, if the news never mentioned it it would have come and gone and none of nothing would have changed, you talk about getting the virus like on the x files when it meant the world was ending. I dont get the flu shot amd I go the flu this year, it was pretty bad but no big deal, usually get the flu every 5 years, before that when ingot the flu shot every year I got the flu every year. Why are people flipping about about getting the flu? It sux to get the flu, your tummy hurts , you get dehydrated, you throw up, ya it sux then you get better amd go back to life. People talking about stockpiling weapons to get food when the coronavirus apocalypse comes, it's so stupid. More people die from being prescribed the wrong medication than this. Settle down people.

Y2K was 20 years ago, we survived. Yes there is over hype and panic but heaven forbid someone you know gets it and passes is it still something to laugh at?

21 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Y2K was 20 years ago, we survived. Yes there is over hype and panic but heaven forbid someone you know gets it and passes is it still something to laugh at?

Yeah....not laugh I guess but sure as **** not fret....in 80% of cases 0 symptoms.  10% are only mild ones.  I may have it now and never manifest since healthy enough.  Yesterday came down with runny nose, but eyes are ichy....cleaned garage and was dusty so...  Worried....not really.  Chance of a sub 50 year old getting deathly ill is like .04%

This conversation never ever has come up for the much deadly influenza.  Weve all got that and all passed it somehow to someone.

Wash hands an dont lick things.

Your set...you dont have to contact hardly anyone in your job.  Imagine the delivery guys?  They get exposed to everything!

Youve been listening to Coast to Coast A.m. last few weeks?  ?????

The OP post about police for crowds....correct me if I am wrong but if you are positive there is no treatment.  No shot no pill.  Treat like the flu....go home an lay low for 3 to 5 days.  So why would you go to a large gathering of suspected cases and prob for sure get exposed!?

24 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

I probably did have it already, whole family had the flu bad this winter and now we better, and ya I will laugh cause when I puke I make really loud wierd sounds, once ya get better ya laugh at it. If we cant laugh at things that people get hurt from or doe from then no one can ever laugh at a swimming pool, or at a race track, or a bar or a club ,or a playground, or riding a bike , the list goes on, all things people got hurt or died on. Ya sure sux when someone gets sick, worse when someone dies but the retarted way the country is acting is unacceptable and child like. And again it's the #%@$^@ flu, people get the flu ,WOW . I cant get over how stupid everyone can be listening to chicken little. It's like if the news said "BREAKING,  PEOPLE NOW DIEING IN CAR CRASHES " and everyone would get scared and lock there doors and try to make cars illegal. Way more issues being caused with the reaction to it than the flu itself. Also yes I feel bad for people who lost someone, but people die from the flu every year anyway. Having people loose there jobs, states shut down, parents struggle cause they cant find someone to watch there kids, people voting just because the boogeyman scares them. Its mass manipulation through fear and you and every other person going along with it is letting them be your master. Grow up and get on with life.

• Like 2

I’ve been hacking and coughing for three months still put my 60 in at work every night. Thing is that Mother Nature will always win so doesn’t take much for mutation in any strain. I’m not spreading any fear over it I’m pissed because no NHL now....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jass1660 said:

I’ve been hacking and coughing for three months still put my 60 in at work every night. Thing is that Mother Nature will always win so doesn’t take much for mutation in any strain. I’m not spreading any fear over it I’m pissed because no NHL now....

Im pissed about no NCAA tournament.( im more a college basketball man myself) 

I made the comment last. This is great. We are all supposed to be stuck at home, with no sports to watch and we all know the quality of other programming on. ? With all these couples stuck in the house together without much to do . I said the incidence of Coronavirus will go down and at the same time the incidence of husbands and wives driving each other insane because of all the togetherness time. 

1 minute ago, Reichow7120 said:

I made the comment last. This is great. We are all supposed to be stuck at home, with no sports to watch and we all know the quality of other programming on. ? With all these couples stuck in the house together without much to do . I said the incidence of Coronavirus will go down and at the same time the incidence of husbands and wives driving each other insane because of all the togetherness time. 

Or practicing making babies...

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Reichow7120 said:

I watch a lot of Gunsmoke.......?

• Like 4

Just now, jass1660 said:

Or practicing making babies...

The older ones that ship has sailed long ago. ( my folks are on that list) 

Can't even do that with my wife. Suffering from morning sickness. ( got the word in mid February and had a ultrasound Tuesday to make sure that the pregnancy is going ok high risk pregnancy) A pregnant Hormonal, morning sickness wife stuck in the house together with nothing to do ought to be fun. ? ( i do love her though and of course I am half the reason we're in the situation) 

• Like 3

The hospitals will be full of pregnant women in 9 months.

DWF

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Reichow7120 said:

The older ones that ship has sailed long ago. ( my folks are on that list) 

Can't even do that with my wife. Suffering from morning sickness. ( got the word in mid February and had a ultrasound Tuesday to make sure that the pregnancy is going ok high risk pregnancy) A pregnant Hormonal, morning sickness wife stuck in the house together with nothing to do ought to be fun. ? ( i do love her though and of course I am half the reason we're in the situation) 

Prayers for a good and safe pregnancy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bitty said:

Prayers for a good and safe pregnancy

Thanks.

To send a message to the citizens that testing was one measure to contain this I'd like to hear that King Daddy agreed to be tested after his close contact w/ the Brazilian Gov't official that tested positive.

I thought standard protocol was for peeps that were known to be in contact w/ anyone who tested positive to self quarante and/or be tested?

1 hour ago, Atilathehun99 said:

To send a message to the citizens that testing was one measure to contain this I'd like to hear that King Daddy agreed to be tested after his close contact w/ the Brazilian Gov't official that tested positive.

I thought standard protocol was for peeps that were known to be in contact w/ anyone who tested positive to self quarante and/or be tested?

If you're referring to the President, uh....he did say today that he would probably be tested. But then if he gets tested right away, he'll be accused of using his privlage as god emperor to move to the front of the line. So, it'll probably happen when the test kits become available to the widespread public. BTW, thanks for not making it political.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

5 hours ago, scraglycat said:

If you're referring to the President, uh....he did say today that he would probably be tested. But then if he gets tested right away, he'll be accused of using his privlage as god emperor to move to the front of the line. So, it'll probably happen when the test kits become available to the widespread public. BTW, thanks for not making it political.

It doesn't matter who was the President throughout my lifetime they have a personal doctor who I believe is on call 24-7 unless this is just something that has happened in recent years? 

It's similar to the secret service and their job is to protect the President. The media is going crazy about everyone needing to be tested and here is someone that is meeting with the Representatives of the people it would only make sense to follow his doctors advise. 

I pray that the vulnerable are not affected by this and that it would pass by us all quickly. I do believe that the media has been making it sound like everyone is going to die. They have created lots of fear in the way they are presenting it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DWF said:

The hospitals will be full of pregnant women in 9 months.

DWF

My wife and I said the same thing, watch birth rates soar in December and January.  All Michigan's schools closed for three weeks. Puts a lot of child bearing aged people at home together. 

• Haha 1