Jump to content

Anyone have/see tires like this?


Farmall1066
 Share

Recommended Posts

I had a set of Deep Treads on my 766 for a while, but never saw these.  They have a pretty deep tread too.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

I had a set of Deep Treads on my 766 for a while, but never saw these.  They have a pretty deep tread too.

I’d really like to find a set of 18.4-38 deep treads, I have one set on a 1066, I’d like another good set for duals!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

I’d really like to find a set of 18.4-38 deep treads, I have one set on a 1066, I’d like another good set for duals!! 

ive got a set of michelins on my 5088 they are crazy deep

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

I’d really like to find a set of 18.4-38 deep treads, I have one set on a 1066, I’d like another good set for duals!! 

Bought mine cheap to use for duals - they were stress pulled but I ran them as duals for couple of years then put them on as my main tires.  They were good but I liked the BFG radials I replaced them with better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John cub owner said:

You all must be a bunch of kids, that used to be a common tire in my area.

Iz'zat why it seemed so dim in my past - no wonder it makes sense why now!

best, randy

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have a pair we used to pull with. Firestone sold these when they quit making the all traction field and road. It was a step up from the cheapest one, the field and road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The authentic Firestone Deep Tread was a way heavier better quality tire back in the day. Those you posted are the heavy duty version of the cheapest tire of the Firestone line up back then. They resembled the Deep Tread. They have the slight lug reinforcement behind each lug like the Deep Treads. They were a good tire, but not a ton were sold, they sold way more of the other tires. Todays Deep Treads are way healthier than the Super All Tractions as well. Here is a picture of new 20.8s on our trailer. The one Set is the Deep Treads the other is the Super All Tractions. Notice the difference in width. Yes both sets are the same size.

KIMG1356.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

The authentic Firestone Deep Tread was a way heavier better quality tire back in the day. Those you posted are the heavy duty version of the cheapest tire of the Firestone line up back then. They resembled the Deep Tread. They have the slight lug reinforcement behind each lug like the Deep Treads. They were a good tire, but not a ton were sold, they sold way more of the other tires. Todays Deep Treads are way healthier than the Super All Tractions as well. Here is a picture of new 20.8s on our trailer. The one Set is the Deep Treads the other is the Super All Tractions. Notice the difference in width. Yes both sets are the same size.

KIMG1356.jpg

The new deep treads are a nice tire! And definitely a noticeable difference from the super all traction! The old deep treads were a tough tire!! A friend said the old deep treads were one of Firestone’s best tires!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have seen them but its been a minute. They would look good on the 966.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Farmall1066 said:

The new deep treads are a nice tire! And definitely a noticeable difference from the super all traction! The old deep treads were a tough tire!! A friend said the old deep treads were one of Firestone’s best tires!

Yes they were. Dad had a few over the years. I still hunt those old ones. We have four on the 1568 yet.:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...