I'd say that vintage Ford is the rarest of the crewcabs. Dodge,Chevy and IH made quite a few. Had bigger back seats also.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nearly new and current. 

Like to do red and a dark grey. Yea

Pretty tough to find in Washington state most of them got beat to death as loggers crew buses !

Posted Images

8 hours ago, acem said:

I have a rust free low mileage 78 f350 regular cab I would sell. Sorry but it's not a crew cab. They exist around here so I'll keep my eyes open. I know where a chevy crew cab of that vintage is.

They were common here among poultry catching crews and cowboys. I've ridden in a crew cab loadstar when I was a kid.

Thx-Ace

Is F-350 the one with the set back rear axle?

I know a guy. Cant recall if its a 78 or 9 but its that body style. I can check and see if he would part with it. Believe it came from out west originally.

1 hour ago, Eason said:

Mike there's 2 sitting about 60 miles from me. One is a F-250 2wd shortbed and the other is a f-350 2wd with a service body. I'll try and check on them if you wish.

That would be great.  Im gonna convert the 2wd if thats what i have to do

33 minutes ago, exSW said:

Is F-350 the one with the set back rear axle?

Thats the super camper special only came in a reg. Cab

2 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

I know a guy. Cant recall if its a 78 or 9 but its that body style. I can check and see if he would part with it. Believe it came from out west originally.

Yes sir

https://cars.trovit.com/listing/1978-ford-f250-xlt-crewcab-4x4.31zxbPEc1U  78 in TX

https://cars.trovit.com/listing/1978-ford-f250-ranger-xlt-crew-cab.poMlf1zjc 78 in OR

https://cars.trovit.com/listing/1979-ford-f250-xlt-crew-cab-4x4.2hhW6oH1Y  79 in KS

Every once in a while I'll see one on GovDeals, usually an ex air force truck.

Back in the 80's I had a 1961 F250 crew cab. There is one I wish I still had.

I only know of one around here. Quad cab, baby blue with a Cummins conversion. The guy drives it all the time. All the extended cab 4x4 F250’s had the Dana 60 front axle I believe where the normal was an HD Dana 44. 
Quickest way to tell a 78 from a 79 is the 78 had square headlight buckets and round headlights. The 79 had square headlight buckets with square headlights. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Sledgehammer said:

I only know of one around here. Quad cab, baby blue with a Cummins conversion. The guy drives it all the time. All the extended cab 4x4 F250’s had the Dana 60 front axle I believe where the normal was an HD Dana 44. 
Quickest way to tell a 78 from a 79 is the 78 had square headlight buckets and round headlights. The 79 had square headlight buckets with square headlights. 

Sledge the late 78 had square lights to.  Early 78s were round light usually custom trucks u know the plain janers.  My parts truck for grandpas was a 78 with square lights

• Like 1

All the ones I had were plain jane but 1. That was a 79 F350 Lariat camper special. It was a parts machine but pretty cool. The nice 79 I had had about 3 total options on it.  I don’t have any of that stuff left around but one D60 rearend. 
That red/silver paint scheme from back then was sweet. I hope you go with that 👍🏼

This would be a great project

our 77 just showed up [was not looking for a truck]

Mike

Boss has one, F350, 4 door, long box. Complete body off frame restored, built 460 with Holley fuel injection, newer Super Duty interior.

I know someone asked him if he was interested in selling and he told them $30k. Sounds high, but if you seen the truck and think about the effort & money it took to build it just so, it is probably a steal at that price.

5 hours ago, Cattech said:

Boss has one, F350, 4 door, long box. Complete body off frame restored, built 460 with Holley fuel injection, newer Super Duty interior.

I know someone asked him if he was interested in selling and he told them $30k. Sounds high, but if you seen the truck and think about the effort & money it took to build it just so, it is probably a steal at that price.

Yea buddy i know about time and effort.   Yea crewcab longbeds were only F350 2wd.  they never built a 4x4 f350 crewcab.

21 minutes ago, 88seriesrestorer said:

Yea buddy i know about time and effort.   Yea crewcab longbeds were only F350 2wd.  they never built a 4x4 f350 crewcab.

Really? But they did f250 crew cabs? Learned me something 

1 minute ago, Missouri Mule said:

Really? But they did f250 crew cabs? Learned me something 

F250's were crew cab short bed only some 2wd some 4x4

F350 crews were only 2wd and long bed

20 years ago a friend rebuilt a late 70s ford crew cab f350 4x4. It was light blue with a big v8 and 4 speed. Thx-Ace

2 minutes ago, acem said:

20 years ago a friend rebuilt a late 70s ford crew cab f350 4x4. It was light blue with a big v8 and 4 speed. Thx-Ace

It was converted to 4x4 if it was a f350.  They never put the big 460 in a 4x4.  2wd had the 460.  4x4s biggest engine was the 400

• Like 1

Sorry, it was a f250, single rear wheel 4wd. I don't remember the engine size but it looked big compared to the slant 6 I was driving at the time. Thx-Ace

49 minutes ago, acem said:

Sorry, it was a f250, single rear wheel 4wd. I don't remember the engine size but it looked big compared to the slant 6 I was driving at the time. Thx-Ace

Yea sir that makes more sense.  Qould have the 351M or the 400.  Kinda wierd that Ford didnt put the 460 in the 4x4 for more power but they didnt.

76 ...says a bit rusty but savable, interior is almost all.gone though.  He also has a 71

imagejpeg_0(6).jpg

1 minute ago, TroyDairy said:

76 ...says a bit rusty but savable, interior is almost all.gone though.  He also has a 71

Ok thanks for letting me know.  Not quite qhat im lookin for

1 hour ago, 88seriesrestorer said:

Ok thanks for letting me know.  Not quite qhat im lookin for

Also...the cclb 4x he has..its a 78🙄🙊

He said **** keep eyes open.  Dump trucker and ford guy so he gets out back of places 

1 hour ago, TroyDairy said:

Also...the cclb 4x he has..its a 78🙄🙊

He said **** keep eyes open.  Dump trucker and ford guy so he gets out back of places 

Thats what im lookin for 78 or 79 crewcab 4x4