Guys i know this is a little off topic, but im looking for a 1978 or 1979 crewcab 2wd or 4wd for another restoration project.  Anyone know of or have one for sale.   Thanks Mike

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nearly new and current. 

Like to do red and a dark grey. Yea

Pretty tough to find in Washington state most of them got beat to death as loggers crew buses !

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Nothing is off topic here Mike. That will be a cool project! You going to do this one red?:D

Like to do red and a dark grey. Yea

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, INTERNATIONAL 1466 said:

Nothing is off topic here Mike. That will be a cool project! You going to do this one red?:D

"ford" is the off topic part ,lol.

i didnt even know they made one factory, i thought they were something someone made special - havent seen but a handful in my entire life - thot all those that vintage were supercabs we had a 75 or 76 i cant remember - 2wd with a 460 and 2XX gears in it, it would fly!!!

11 minutes ago, redneckhippie said:

They show up now and then but are expensive and generally are pretty rough. 

How far are you willing to travel?

Dont matter for the right one

53 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

Getting hard to come by. Alaskan pipeline specials. At least in was always told ford made the crew cabs for that project. Dont know 

They are not uncommon here, but you do see less of them every year. Maybe it’s true. 

1 hour ago, 88seriesrestorer said:

Guys i know this is a little off topic, but im looking for a 1978 or 1979 crewcab 2wd or 4wd for another restoration project.  Anyone know of or have one for sale.   Thanks Mike

See one I Craigslist once in awhile around here. If one pops up I'll forward it to you. 

I have a rust free low mileage 78 f350 regular cab I would sell. Sorry but it's not a crew cab. They exist around here so I'll keep my eyes open. I know where a chevy crew cab of that vintage is.

They were common here among poultry catching crews and cowboys. I've ridden in a crew cab loadstar when I was a kid.

Thx-Ace

1 hour ago, acem said:

I have a rust free low mileage 78 f350 regular cab I would sell. Sorry but it's not a crew cab. They exist around here so I'll keep my eyes open. I know where a chevy crew cab of that vintage is.

They were common here among poultry catching crews and cowboys. I've ridden in a crew cab loadstar when I was a kid.

Thx-Ace

how much    text me some pics

I know a 78-79 ccSB 4x.  Sit off hi way 2.5 hr from here.  Trailer park. ..looks ok from rd. 3 to 4" with 33s  white.  It appears not to have moved for a bit.  Used to move.  In next month be going by.  I'll work on stopping.  There around but not much nowdays.  I'll reach out to my logger cousin n see if he knows of 1.  Loggers loved fords

Friend has 71 cclb 2wd mid restored.  Pretty clean.

Bet a 7.3 idi fits......

• Thanks 1

…...I have a 79    F250,   only done 24.000 K...…..Run out of dollars, at the present time for the Isuzu  6BT   , 358 cube diesel, repower..of course it is RHD.....:rolleyes:...so that would no doubt preclude  any purchase....and it is  quite a long ways away......:)......

Mike

• Thanks 1

Mike there's 2 sitting about 60 miles from me. One is a F-250 2wd shortbed and the other is a f-350 2wd with a service body. I'll try and check on them if you wish.