Jump to content

Ford 6.0 guys have I lost my everloving mind?? Input welcomed!


B.B.

Recommended Posts

Pulled all the relays and checked out the terminals all looked good. 

 

Overheating was due to fan clutch not working.  Stays cool now with the 7.3 manual clutch. 

 

I need to buy a new Degass bottle as mine you can't see through.  Be a lot easier to check fluid if I could see through it. :)

 

Which one of these relays is the FICM?

28881.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's the gray one, position 304 IDM ( injection driver module). I can't remember but I thought it was up near the fire wall on the  drivers side. I don't remember that many relays and fuses in the box.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, TomH said:

I think it's the gray one, position 304 IDM ( injection driver module). I can't remember but I thought it was up near the fire wall on the  drivers side. I don't remember that many relays and fuses in the box.

That's where that one is. 

 

I looked back through this thread yesterday and I could still feel some of the emotion I felt at the time with with everything!  

 

So I think as I continue to do things with this truck I'll update the thread if for no other reason than to entertain myself at a future date!  :)

 

Thread started March 10 of 2020 so it's been a 2 year project at this point, and I've put about 7K miles on it in two years!  🤣 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ordered a new seat bottom cushion, and cover as well as a new seat back cover today to help make this driver's seat more comfortable.  The foam in the bottom is just broken down and uncomfortable.  

While I was ordering I also got a new set of reflectors for the door panels, and a new brake pedal pad.  :)

 

 

I'll try and post some pics of the seat tear down and reinstall etc.   It doesn't look like fun, but also doesn't look too bad.    Not sure if I need to get hog rings and pliers yet or not??  

 

A3529171-AEF4-4C9C-BB52-FA7377422E8E.jpeg

0CBE3B2F-584F-49BF-B95B-F9D485CA8031.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

good job on the seats and updated shifter linkage doo hickey thing - btdt - i had cloth so didnt have issues with them or pig smells BAAAAHHHH couldnt resist - i never had issues with ficm relay but i did end up replacing my ficm - dont crank and run with bad batteries, it will shorten the life of the injectors and ficm they dont like running on low power at start till the batteries get back up to good numbers. 

it will make starting horrible too with low voltages - i loved my new ficm i got it with an economy tune from ficmrepair in iowa great folks and stand behind their stuff - i also got a cold climate update for mine - my truck didnt have that from factory 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thankfully I got 99.96% of the hog smell out lol

 

i keep thinking about an upgraded ficm with a tow tune but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.  
 

Considering what a new truck costs I’m going to try and keep this one running and make it as nice as I can. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, B.B. said:

I ordered a new seat bottom cushion, and cover as well as a new seat back cover today to help make this driver's seat more comfortable.  The foam in the bottom is just broken down and uncomfortable.  

While I was ordering I also got a new set of reflectors for the door panels, and a new brake pedal pad.  :)

 

 

I'll try and post some pics of the seat tear down and reinstall etc.   It doesn't look like fun, but also doesn't look too bad.    Not sure if I need to get hog rings and pliers yet or not??  

 

 

Did the drivers seat covers in my 08 shortly after I bought it. Had to use hog rings. Not terribly difficult, but more time consuming than you might think. Definitely would be good to have a second set of strong hands nearby when it comes time to try and pull the cover tight while buttoning up the seam

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This might have been brought up before, or be a bit late to the party, but:

Biocide Auto Shocker

Removes bad odors from about everything.

You set it off inside the cab with the fan running for about a 1/2 hour.

Then shut it off and let it set for about 12 hours.

It will remove the nastiest stink.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

This might have been brought up before, or be a bit late to the party, but:

Biocide Auto Shocker

Removes bad odors from about everything.

You set it off inside the cab with the fan running for about a 1/2 hour.

Then shut it off and let it set for about 12 hours.

It will remove the nastiest stink.

Sienfeld needed that.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seat cushion and covers showed up today as well as the door reflectors.  I’ll post some pics of seat rehab but for tonight you’ll have to suffice with the door reflector replacement lol 

 

I think the before and after photos really do a great job of explaining this “repair” 

 

I crack myself up :)

BD44609C-C0DA-40CF-AFF6-34A1AEA35684.jpeg

62B37164-7077-462D-892F-D56F41E2BE70.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Art From Coleman said:

IF I had attempted to replace the reflectors, I would have wound up breaking both the new ones, AND the old ones.

Some designer probably lost his job over making them so easy to R&R.

That’s what happened when I had cab apart I broke one lol.  There was pig dust behind them so they had to come off.  
 

I hope to work on the seat some time this week.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Rawleigh99 said:

Ficmrepair s the place to go!  Did you try their Atlas 40 tune?  I hear it is the bomb.

Not yet,  we bought a new homestead and the mortgage payments have me a little strapped for a while :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ifn you're wondering  if you lost you mind on your purchase, never fear, I found it. Right there next to the rock pile "Found On Road Dead". 😁 But then I searched out back of my woodpile and came up with a engine replacement for ya. Trick is ya might have to lengthen out the hood just a wee bit..🤣

 

GE-T64.jpg.37525da82eb6fe61fa5130cba64e88d3.jpg

whaddahyathink. should I sign ya up for one?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, N S said:

Ifn you're wondering  if you lost you mind on your purchase, never fear, I found it. Right there next to the rock pile "Found On Road Dead". 😁 But then I searched out back of my woodpile and came up with a engine replacement for ya. Trick is ya might have to lengthen out the hood just a wee bit..🤣

 

GE-T64.jpg.37525da82eb6fe61fa5130cba64e88d3.jpg

whaddahyathink. should I sign ya up for one?

That will beat a twin turbo any day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pictures should explain themselves 

 

I wished the back was a little more snug but it sure does sit a lot better than before   
 

now to decide if I want to do passenger side or not…

 

 

F0D51FDC-07A7-4A8A-8217-64B3A9396826.jpeg

FCF74356-DA2D-464E-BFE9-6DEAE17046F6.jpeg

97F2B13C-2E31-48C3-B8F7-3F973FDA7463.jpeg

A4E6811E-8926-4582-848D-2A3EA2858B63.jpeg

921CAEAC-787C-4BAE-BD3F-4B44C581E6D1.jpeg

412B9BB6-B7E5-4A0C-93A9-DF30CD54D157.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rawleigh99 said:

Got to love a truck with its own work bench!!  Pretty ugly inside that seat!  That could be part of the smell!

Yeah I was surprised to find that mouse nest.   
 

As much as I’m tired of throwing money at this truck I think I’m going to do passenger side seat too.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/14/2022 at 5:09 PM, B.B. said:

Seat cushion and covers showed up today as well as the door reflectors.  I’ll post some pics of seat rehab but for tonight you’ll have to suffice with the door reflector replacement lol 

 

I think the before and after photos really do a great job of explaining this “repair” 

 

I crack myself up :)

BD44609C-C0DA-40CF-AFF6-34A1AEA35684.jpeg

62B37164-7077-462D-892F-D56F41E2BE70.jpeg

what was your hour rate on that ? i see NTR also whoa you went all out!!!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...