Ford 6.0 guys have I lost my everloving mind?? Input welcomed!

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pssss. I was worried about you for a second. That bed is worth that. Lol You could part it out and make money. Those are good trucks. I'd start lookin for a motor. Probably could drop a gasser in

Glad your truck is running great. Learn from my mistakes. Take the battery cable off when you do anything with wires on transmission. My 91 F250 had a bad neutral safety switch. Bought a new one but t

Mmmm what kind of coffee is this? It tastes like premium coffee, yet with a hint of hog manure snap at the end of it??

Posted Images

26001 on combined or 10,000 trailer. Thats federal. Not state. 

I am not saying you cant do whatever you want. DOT is starting to check these hotshot drivers more as there are getting to be more of them all the time. 1 ton truck with a tandem dually gooseneck and start running around the country. Probably can get away with it until you don't. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, new guy said:

26001 on combined or 10,000 trailer. Thats federal. Not state. 

I am not saying you cant do whatever you want. DOT is starting to check these hotshot drivers more as there are getting to be more of them all the time. 1 ton truck with a tandem dually gooseneck and start running around the country. Probably can get away with it until you don't. 

Around here if it's got a name on the door you are subject to a DOT stop.

I see DOT with the landscapers pulled over all the time and they are usually just a pick up with a car trailer and a couple of zero turns.

Pick up or car it doesn't matter if your driving a "commercial" vehicle there going to check you out.   

Pulled me over on a Sunday in 3/4 ton pick up Farm plated with a dump trailer.

Went over everything on the truck and trailer and pulled the portable scale out.

What an A-hole he was, it was all good he wasn't happy about that.     

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Rawleigh99 said:

One of the companies makes a mechanical 7.3 clutch retrofit for the 6.0.  the downside is it is noisier all the time.  The upside is you don't have the electric clutch.

Yeah I’ve got to research my options.  Driving home with heater full on and window down trying to take it easy was miserable.  

I’ve not had any issues with overheating till now but I’ve also not towed anything as heavy either.  I’ll get it fixed before I tow again.  

The truck needs new cab mounts too. I think I’m going to get the energy suspension polyurethane mounts and call it good.    It rides rough anyway :) 

All in all I’m very pleased with this truck for what I have in it.  I do wish it was extended cab and a nicer interior but I can live with the “poverty cab” lol 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, B.B. said:

The truck needs new cab mounts too. I think I’m going to get the energy suspension polyurethane mounts and call it good.    It rides rough anyway :) 

not im pressed with the energy suspension poly bushings, didnt wear any better.  i replaced them on my 03 3x, i would get about 70K miles out of them on the stabilizer bar in front before it would start knocking. It didnt help with ride, maybe cornering was a lil better than oem. 

The only good thing is they were lifetime wty so got them replaced for free. 

mine had original fan, never had any issues with mine, thats a bummer, maybe too many swine dust bunnies in it - dont get the 6.0 HOT it will not turn out well. 

On 12/19/2020 at 2:40 PM, B.B. said:

22hrs on the road but I made it home. Ford needs a new fan clutch. 

63256.jpeg

Looks good.  What brand is that trailer?  Were gonna need some pic of tractor you know?

I can believe you made it with out a OJ like chase since its so reckless.????

2 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Looks good.  What brand is that trailer?  Were gonna need some pic of tractor you know?

I can believe you made it with out a OJ like chase since its so reckless.????

Trailer is a corn pro built right here in Southern IN.  Tractor is a 1586 tri stripe that I will probably part.   Runs great but has something wrong with second gear and now steering and brakes quit.  

• Thanks 1

On the cab mounts.  I hear you on the poly mounts.  According to energy’s website they got the squeaking taken care of.   

I know I don’t want the factory mounts as bad of shape as these are in.   Dorman makes a replacement too that might work.  I just know I gotta do something as the originals are shot.  

I haven’t had a chance to look at fan options yet.  I didn’t know there might be a difference in plow equipped trucks.  

Searcy, I tried my best not to get it hot.  A couple hills pushed it but it quickly cooled back down.  It’s running fine and isn’t building pressure in the cooling system so I think it’s fine.  Wasn’t much I could do with what tools I had with me on the road.  

thats great yuo didnt get it too hot, hopefully a fan and you are good to go- my polys didnt squeak, when they went bad the would klunk when u hit any bump or pot hole like the rubber bushings were gone on a shock