serial number lookup for history of 8920

Looking for some help in determining where my 8920 was sold new and also repair history. A number of years ago before I bought my 7140 I was able to look it up on the Case IH website and it told me where it was sold new and repair history on repairs done by a dealer. I am trying to find the same information for my 8920. We bought it about five years ago from the second owner and had to replace the rear brakes due to glazing and when we removed the finals there was silicone sealer on the castings and the brake adjusters were missing. The PO never had any work done to it so it had to happen before he bought it. We also removed the head due to the gasket leaking and found out that it has a thicker than normal head gasket. I just want to see what might have been done to it in its past live. This is a very low hour tractor with less than 3,000 hrs. Had 1650 when we bought it. Anybody know how to access this information.

Thanks

Tom

Tom,

I think if you give the serial number to a Case IH dealer they can look it up for you. I wasn't aware of any way for the general public to access that info.

BJ

1 hour ago, FarmallFan said:

Tom,

I think if you give the serial number to a Case IH dealer they can look it up for you. I wasn't aware of any way for the general public to access that info.

BJ

BJ, I spoke to them today and they could not find any info on my tractor. Like I said at one time that information was available because I looked up my 7140 before I bought it. 

When we bought our first 8950 it was a year old. It still had warranty and when the head gasket started seeping I asked if they could get history. They were able to get the owner and it had a few tiny parts put on by warranty.