New Holland 617 disc mower

Just checking if anyone has experience with the NH 617 3 pt. disc mower.  I've been looking for a disc mower to cut a few waterways and small patches of grass hay.  I don't have any experience with these so if someone could give me some opinions it would be appreciated.

Solid mower, they made them a long time. Think the new ones are same basic design.

Never used or owned one though. 

Sure do. Also have a 616 I think it is. Ones 8'and the others 9' very good solid mower. One thing to watch out is the curtain is supported from the gearbox side and hangs all the way out to the end. I've repaired one friend of mines but not my two. All gear boxes use 80-90 and have little dipsticks for each pod which is nice. They arent the easiest to hook up in the world we went to using jack stands instead of oem stand. Gotta have decent 3 point to take the weight shifting around. Sway links have to be in good shape. Another good one we have had for years is a vermeer 7030. Heard the 40 series wasnt as good 

Sure do. Also have a 616 I think it is. Ones 8'and the others 9' very good solid mower. One thing to watch out is the curtain is supported from the gearbox side and hangs all the way out to the end. I've repaired one friend of mines but not my two. All gear boxes use 80-90 and have little dipsticks for each pod which is nice. They arent the easiest to hook up in the world we went to using jack stands instead of oem stand. Gotta have decent 3 point to take the weight shifting around. Sway links have to be in good shape. Another good one we have had for years is a vermeer 7030. Heard the 40 series wasnt as good. The new holland mowers are great. Will cut through anything. Very little trouble with ours. The vermeer has been good as well. We did burn up the gearbox on the vermeer but come to find out the breather vent was plugged. It pushed all the oil from the upper gearbox to the lower one because of the pressure. Lesson learned there. The new holland broke a weld once and grenaded the pto shaft. When you get used to them you Cruise around about 10mph mowing it kicked back like it tripped. Before he got her stopped the driveline went. That's when we figured out the trip bar broke and tore itself up. That was a shoty weld from day 1. No other welds were that bad.