Oh Happy Day! *New Tractor Alert*

Qdot2009

I've been searching for a tractor to do some bush hogging and other general stuff.  Also, just wanted a new toy.  I looked at a 544, a 656, and then my dream tractor popped up - a 1967 Farmall 706 Tricycle with the D310.  It's a local Carolina tractor and is very original with 6,000 hours on it.  It's had a lot of work done in the last 5 years including the cylinder head being rebuilt, injection pump rebuild, new HD clutch, new HD TA and the transmission was rebuilt while all this work was done.  Most recently, two fresh batteries, new alternator, fresh fluid and filters, and a new IH wiring harness.   It starts and runs amazing and all the shifting linkage is tight.  It's bigger than what I was really looking for, but couldn't let is slip by.  I'm excited to have found and bought this bad boy!   More pics to come.

IMG_5247.JPG

Consider adding a roll bar to any tractor w/o.   I live in flatland IL, and never though I'd need those.  After laying a tractor on its side mowing a ditch (thankfully one with a cab/roll cage), every tractor I'm using has a roll bar. That $1250 Iron Bull wants for a nice roll bar looks REAL cheap after the heart attack I nearly had when dad walked in and said - "I rolled the tractor....."

Nice find...thats a sweet unit!

I am happy for you. Good looking tractor.

On 3/10/2020 at 10:08 AM, Qdot2009 said:

Yea, it'll just be used for flat land brush mowing.  For anything sketchy, I'll use a WF 806.

Never afraid of a narrow front on hills.I used them for years hills as steep as barn roof.A wide front will roll fast also. Just gotta be alert.

Nice looking outfit. My dream tractor is also a 706, but I want a gas-burner. Gas NF tractors are scarce around these parts, but maybe someday. Congratulations on your new tractor!

Mac

20 hours ago, Qdot2009 said:

No, I bought this one from an individual in Statesville, NC.  It's been in that area since new.  I'm the 4th owner.  I just relocated it an hour south.

When did the cows leave the free stall barn?

Look like you have test it with a bush hog behind it.

Archived