Garter Springs for 560

Case Power

Hi Guys.  I am trying to put on new garter springs on the hydraulic valves of the 560.  I have read before, in different places that they are difficult to install without a special tool.  I opened them up, pulled the front metal ring off (sorry, I don't know the technical term) and removed my old broken ones out of the inner channel of that ring.  I saw the channel in the back they were supposed to slide on to, so I just slid it up and over that cone end and moved it all of the way back to that channel.  I put that front metal ring back on, and moved the valve and it seemed like it slid right into place.  I closed the cover, and assumed all was done, but they still don't hold.  I'm sure there is more to it then that.  Can you guys tell me what I did wrong?  Thanks in advance.

do you have the spring in the groove of the ring or collar thats maybe 5/8 or so wide I am having difficulty figuring out where you placed the spring as you seem to be talking about 2 collars but there is only one collar (or ring as you call it ) in the valve?

After I pulled the 1 collar off, I slid the spring over the valve ( I think ) that moves forward and backward with the handle, up to the groove.  Then I pushed the collar back on, and pushed the handle forward and it snapped, as if it went in perfectly.  I wonder if the spring just went in further...

I borrowed the tool from the dealer when I replaced them on my 300, but I think I remember researching it and people using sockets or something like that to go back together.  With the tool is was a piece of cake so I didnt have to try another way.

I remember seeing that Hy-Capacity has the garter spring installing tool.  I went to their web site and looked up the hydraulics section for the 560 and there it was.  Part # 8301281  

Here is some information from GSS-1062 Hydra-Touch service manual.  
The garter spring is item “F” at the lower end of the spool in the first picture.

The second and third image are instructions.  Item 3 is the garter spring.  It fits inside of item 4 and over item 5 when assembled.

F27BDA90-CDA7-4235-A134-4E031B0F5433.jpeg

D477DFF1-9BFB-47E3-B0DE-70DA34443FEA.jpeg

ABA1CD06-F8CA-4B82-B8BB-5AAD7EA24F1E.jpeg

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 9:31 PM, E160BHM said:

Here is some information from GSS-1062 Hydra-Touch service manual.  
The garter spring is item “F” at the lower end of the spool in the first picture.

The second and third image are instructions.  Item 3 is the garter spring.  It fits inside of item 4 and over item 5 when assembled.

F27BDA90-CDA7-4235-A134-4E031B0F5433.jpeg

D477DFF1-9BFB-47E3-B0DE-70DA34443FEA.jpeg

ABA1CD06-F8CA-4B82-B8BB-5AAD7EA24F1E.jpeg

This is very helpful!  Thank you!!  I never got to the farm today to fix them, so I don't have an update yet.