seant

Loadstar 1700 brake cylinders

Hey again to you all, I have been looking to replace my front wheel cylinders on a 1975 loadstar 1700 which has been quite the adventure. Sorry beforehand to start a new topic but i have scoured the archives looking for the information i needed and never found it, so i wanted to share what i found. My front wheel cylinders began leaking so i figured it was time for a replacement. My truck is a 75 1700 and has the heavier i believe 9k front axel 15x3 brake shoes. Got everything apart just fine (fyi the spindle nuts are 2 7/8" also couldnt get a answer on that beforehand) and found wheel cylinders with lockheed wagner part # fe-3069 on the cylinders. Called up napa and they had 2 listed, an 1 1/8 an a 1 1/4. Mine were 1 1/4 so thats what i ordered. Showed up today to pick them up and found the the thread going into the cylinder did not have a bubble flare seated down inside. Long story short after 2 hours, the store owner involved, lots of  bickering and wondering if it was even the right part, i found out they make an adapter that goes from just the open thread to a bubble flare or jic type flare whatever you prefer it called and mates it up to the factory brake lines. I will post some photos tonight and let you know if the fittings hold fluid over time but like i said i spent hours on the forums trying to find another instance of this and found only 1 that was archived and travelette did behind the scenes ordeing for that fella so hopefully this will help someone in the future. Thanks again!

Nice that you passed on the information for others.

Dennis

Thank you for the information.  But who makes the adapter and what is the part number of the adapter?

Thank you.

I will get that for you, its a gates adapter, ill get the part number. Also all seems to be working well so far!!