• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One for a quick restoration 

G'day Dave...!!!  one of the last posts  I remember from you , was in that ""word game"'......a rather childish pursuit on the Coffee Shop......I used to interject with some wildly way out word....you

since the Kingdom was a borrow pit and there are piles of rock shoved every where including the front driveway. there was never a problem with the big mound of dirt and rocks until I bought Thor the p

Posted Images

Dad’s been dreaming lately of converting the bunks and dogs on our mill over to hydraulic. Kind of a big job to retrofit everything so I don’t know if he’ll get there or not but it gives him something to think about anyways. 

Would be nice to have hyd dogs and turners but Bellsaw carriage is not strong enough my next project was a hyd powered log deck but there was the edger and now got generator (12,000) watts to run Bellsaw planer and move it from shop to the mill where it belongs maybe next generation will get it done 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2020 at 10:40 AM, captain_crunch said:

One for a quick restoration 

2FE3B0A7-CE9D-4E43-9D95-889BBD3DC230.jpeg

That one looks like Mother Nature has it in her grasp for reclaiming similar to NZ relics

17 hours ago, poor farmer/logger said:

@captain_crunch how’s the fire situation over your way. Hope everyone’s safe. Crazy how everything’s on fire. 

....thinking along the same lines.......after watching the horrific   carnage in california and now Oregon........this on the TV world news down under.......

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Yes happy to hear you are ok CC was worried for you not seeing you post and watching the areas and devastation, will they be able to salvage that timber, was some truly impressive stands of timber in some areas as I recall 

Boy it's good to see you all again. I didn't think I'd ever read anything from CC again. And I tried to find several along the line and was never able to.

I'll stop in now more often. This covid thing has me all screwed up with work and what not.

Dave

Welcome back Dave!! Hope alls well with you and Herc

Starting to get the old gang reunited again....

On 9/25/2020 at 1:46 PM, Dave McCallister said:

Boy it's good to see you all again. I didn't think I'd ever read anything from CC again. And I tried to find several along the line and was never able to.

I'll stop in now more often. This covid thing has me all screwed up with work and what not.

Dave

G'day Dave...!!!  one of the last posts  I remember from you , was in that ""word game"'......a rather childish pursuit on the Coffee Shop......I used to interject with some wildly way out word....you picked up on it....it totally threw the ''regulars''  on there...and you comment was highly amusing.....you may not remember.....but it certainly lifted that topic......albeit briefly..:D...

Good to see you back.....

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 9/28/2020 at 5:09 PM, mike newman said:

G'day Dave...!!!  one of the last posts  I remember from you , was in that ""word game"'......a rather childish pursuit on the Coffee Shop......I used to interject with some wildly way out word....you picked up on it....it totally threw the ''regulars''  on there...and you comment was highly amusing.....you may not remember.....but it certainly lifted that topic......albeit briefly..:D...

Good to see you back.....

Mike

I remember that Mike! I think the deal was I submitted a word and they didn't use it and kept playing the game like I wasn't there. I don't remember the particulars, but yea, I remember calling them out on it. What was good for the goose wasn't any good for the gander it seemed. 🤨

On 9/26/2020 at 12:43 AM, hardtail said:

Welcome back Dave!! Hope alls well with you and Herc

Starting to get the old gang reunited again....

Hardtail, yea, Ole Herc has been sad for  the last year or so, I've only started him up a couple times, and I found the boards I had him on had rotted (actually termites did them in) and once again I've got waves in his tracks. I spent $500.00 a few years ago getting the pins pushed out and back in to free him up for the last project, but alas, with no building to put him in he's been sitting out. Had some 2" red oak under him, but both of them have dissapeared.

I've got a 175C sitting out beside the garage in my work area now. Been sitting there for a year. I've got all the parts to put it back together, just lacked the time and desire. I'll have the time now as I've just about retired from working. I've got two customers close by I'm going to keep that will give me about 4 days a month work. That's all I want. I'm tired of traveling so I'm doing my good by circuit now.

I was blown away when I saw the Captains handle on the thread when I was cruising by the other night. Then saw PF/L and yours. Really didn't think I'd see much of anyone around anymore. I've stopped a few times and read some threads, but most by new folk.

Good to see all of ya. I may start working on the 175C again just to get some advice. I think the torque converter may be tired. The engine was, but I've gotten it back into shape, just need to put the big pieces back on.

Awesome to finally embark on your choice and pace of life, great your back and will be eating 🍿watching your next project😊