Strange Object in Satellite View

Was surfing around satellite imagery and saw this out west. Any idea what it is. I have a theory, but it's nothing more than a plausible guess.

image.png.087402d1d252c96f9d02d03226c3df96.png

• Like 1

Gonna guess a corral at the end of a long tapering alley to funnel critters into it?

• Like 2

Key hole to the underground safe!  Money!

• Haha 2

it started in the 60s, they were starting to make a daisy on the ground but smoked too much of the whacky tobacky and never finished it 

• Haha 3

Looks like it could have been two rows of bunks with a turn around at the end... I've seen some feed lots set up that way.

Screenshot_20200227-123051_Maps.jpg

• Like 4

Key hole fire pit for a big fire.😆 I've seen these in Wyoming on a much larger scale to catch feral horses. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, KWRB said:

Was surfing around satellite imagery and saw this out west. Any idea what it is. I have a theory, but it's nothing more than a plausible guess.

image.png.087402d1d252c96f9d02d03226c3df96.png

Waiting for Ray54 to chime in but I'll take a stab at it. 

Looks like you have stumbled on an ancient "Rancho"

Long, long, really long time ago cowboys would gather "mustangs" off the high desert and use the above to funnel into a round pen where they would break them to ride. 

1858607480_horseold.jpg.e65d5c2ebb6ccc9cabf8e09ee5cf8a08.jpg

Quite a few cowboys lost fingers trying to get a bit put in their mouth, hacks didn't work real well either so most rode with just a neck rope.

🙄  😄  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
26 minutes ago, sandhiller said:

Waiting for Ray54 to chime in but I'll take a stab at it. 

Looks like you have stumbled on an ancient "Rancho"

Long, long, really long time ago cowboys would gather "mustangs" off the high desert and use the above to funnel into a round pen where they would break them to ride. 

Quite a few cowboys lost fingers trying to get a bit put in their mouth, hacks didn't work real well either so most rode with just a neck rope.

🙄  😄  😂

Gotta be the truth! I read it on the internet!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pre-Colombian Mississippian, that’s all I can tell you right now ,seen  it to replicated could be a fake, but one would have to be there sunset of summer solstice should cast a shadow to mirror vertical beacon should signal , seen on project blue book .

be-careful if  you attempt it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, sandhiller said:

This pic is totally fake, everyone can see that the he is wearing the wrong chaps

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

There is a bit of stone fence in the neighborhood but no stone corral that I know of.There was one way back and the owner of it since 58 calls it the Stone Corral pasture. But I have heard many tails about some outfits that had funnels like that,😵 and still had cows get away.🤣

I know a cowboy or 2 that would ride any misfit critter they could trough a saddle on.😉 An would run down any wild cow 😵 an generally a get rope on her. Hearst ranch was known for wild cattle till not many years ago. Yes the same place as the world famous castle. In the 80's bought a new D7 and built a trailer to drag off into any place the Cat would go.If the cowboys tied them up they hauled them out. Finally gave up the "fun" and just hunted and shot the last of them. The wiser choice I am sure. 

But Sandhill's bud is just a drugstore cowboy.😵😵 Everybody know you need long haired angora chicks 😉 and absolutly he would have tapadrows on the sturupes. 

You know that might be O'l MTO,as I don't see much for spurs on that guy. No wonder Mark was needing spurs if your going to ride that misfit. But I see he does have a quirt in his hand shows a little Vaquero somewhere in his heritage.    (By the way that's good in my book Mark )

Is he wearing his hogleg crossdraw, or is it just my imagination?

2 hours ago, ray54 said:

But Sandhill's bud is just a drugstore cowboy.😵😵 Everybody know you need long haired angora chicks 😉 and absolutly he would have tapadrows on the sturupes. 

Their mounts kept eating the goats is why you didn't see many angora chaps back in those days😂

You're right on the "taps" though😁

Thanks for straightening me out Ray😋🤣

12 hours ago, exSW said:

Looks like a damn cowpen to me.

I figured it would be obvious to the right person. I'm not a cowboy or a rancher, but do you just guide them into the funnel and work them down into the round part?

2 hours ago, KWRB said:

I figured it would be obvious to the right person. I'm not a cowboy or a rancher, but do you just guide them into the funnel and work them down into the round part?

Yes, and then once you had them in the catch pen, you could brand the calves or sort the cows back out to wean or ship the calves would be my guess. 

Except for having to go past the buildings, looks it could be used for a wild horse trap also.