5288IH

Corona virus

54 minutes ago, superih said:

Children don't have the certain protein that carries the virus like adults do, pretty well talked about now.

My understanding is that the research on this is why the kids arent having the same type of immune response as adults are,  not that they dont carry and transmit the same way.

From the New England Journal of Medicine with an entirely different take:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2019014

Note that the News Week link in the previous post is an opinion piece.

1143293292_coronatax.thumb.png.37dcb13e219ff4a9b5d42aac778f1be7.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, New Englander said:

You're right, it is an opinion piece. One that cites legitimate studies..... but it gets dismissed because it doesn't fit the mainstream narrative of orange man bad, and I believe the left will accept any body count that results in the desired political outcome. 

Perhaps more importantly is the FACT that all major social media outlets have sensored a press conference called by a United States Congressman, and twitter has deleted a tweet by the President of the United States.  Why? Because it doesn't conform with the standards set forth by the Chinese bought and paid for WHO.

Sorry, but I don't need the likes of Jack Dorsey telling me what I  should and shouldn't believe.

1 hour ago, scraglycat said:

You're right, it is an opinion piece. One that cites legitimate studies..... but it gets dismissed because it doesn't fit the mainstream narrative of orange man bad, and I believe the left will accept any body count that results in the desired political outcome. 

Perhaps more importantly is the FACT that all major social media outlets have sensored a press conference called by a United States Congressman, and twitter has deleted a tweet by the President of the United States.  Why? Because it doesn't conform with the standards set forth by the Chinese bought and paid for WHO.

Sorry, but I don't need the likes of Jack Dorsey telling me what I  should and shouldn't believe.

The most epic media censorship in history by "I believe a republican congressman"   did he know the name?  I had to bail on it after that.

The solution is for people to start blocking his account,  let him post what he wants,  just block him.   This is why I figured we got that presidential text alert thing a couple years ago... he would get blocked by too many people on social media so he needed an unblockable platform.

11 hours ago, New Englander said:

2 different situations.  First MD says treat ASAP if wait to long to treat not a good ending  The other MD no treastment till day 15 not good results. I'm beginning to think we've been fed BS and this is all about money so need to follow the money trail.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 806 man said:

2 different situations.  First MD says treat ASAP if wait to long to treat not a good ending  The other MD no treastment till day 15 not good results. I'm beginning to think we've been fed BS and this is all about money so need to follow the money trail.

If I understand what you're saying then no, the NE Journal of Medicine controlled study did NOT wait for 15 days but followed up on patients condition after 15 days of treatment to see their condition v the controls who didn't receive the drug - alive, dead, better, worse, etc.

I certainly don't pretend to know if Hydroxychloroquine is a miracle drug or not but the information quoted in the Newsweek opinion piece says that "natural experiments" happened when Hydroxychloroquine was administered so the results sadly, are only anecdotal as it wasn't a controlled study. Those very anecdotal reports are what prompted the NEJM and other sponsored studies to see if, in controlled studies, there actually was a valid claim. These people had no axe to grind but were looking for a treatment. You have to believe that there is some great conspiracy to let people die for some nefarious reason, a conspiracy theory if I ever heard one.

3 hours ago, New Englander said:

If I understand what you're saying then no, the NE Journal of Medicine controlled study did NOT wait for 15 days but followed up on patients condition after 15 days of treatment to see their condition v the controls who didn't receive the drug - alive, dead, better, worse, etc.

I certainly don't pretend to know if Hydroxychloroquine is a miracle drug or not but the information quoted in the Newsweek opinion piece says that "natural experiments" happened when Hydroxychloroquine was administered so the results sadly, are only anecdotal as it wasn't a controlled study. Those very anecdotal reports are what prompted the NEJM and other sponsored studies to see if, in controlled studies, there actually was a valid claim. These people had no axe to grind but were looking for a treatment. You have to believe that there is some great conspiracy to let people die for some nefarious reason, a conspiracy theory if I ever heard one.

Yes you are correct.  I reread the info it does say 15 day follow up. Does mention early treatment maybe more effective

Finally, although the median time from symptom onset to randomization was 7 days, we included patients up to 14 days after the beginning of symptoms; it is conceivable that interventions that may limit viral replication (e.g., hydroxychloroquine) may be more effective earlier in the course of the disease.

The drug is cheap and available , No money to be made. Conspiracy? I don't know.  why was Trump attacked when he used it. Why is some of the media censoring this information? If there is a possibility it safes lives why isn't it being used more?

I made one out of fiberglass window screen.

Haven't given it the Walmart test yet.

• Haha 3

“Conservation Of Hospital Patients”

“Arizona shows a huge spike in the number of hospitalized patients on July 13.

But there is no corresponding increase in the number of beds being used.”

https://realclimatescience.com/2020/07/conservation-of-hospital-patients/

No doubt helping the US statistics.

Also - be careful with  the speculation or this might get canned too

3 hours ago, lorenzo said:

4C1FA194-5497-4F5F-8F08-75EE40EF51C3.thumb.jpeg.1f030430f9050fedce130cd2866289ba.jpeg

Sure hope they weren't used for their intended purpose before they were re-purposed as shown. Although the popular term for masks is face diapers.

33 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

C660E424-BEB7-4C97-BF03-96DF274E5571.jpeg.cef393221dc70b9d0562304cc963b463.jpeg

Where have I seen this before?😂

1002501_1.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lorenzo said:

A8F4491E-6CAB-474B-83B7-3E6F2E9EE965.jpeg.edaf9d5998e2bfcb987635830c525720.jpeg

To bad they wouldn’t say it, the virus might follow all those sheep to the bottom!!

I haven’t looked at all the post may be there This may been discussed dont know 

Anybody get the run around ? 
Call the doctor , Go to the emergency room ! 
Call the hospital , Don’t come hear , Call health department. 
Call the Heath Department , No answer ,they will not answer 

Call the doctor ,go to the emergency room ! 
Go to the emergency room ,don’t call them ,get tested , results negative 👎🏻 

What a joke ,it’s insane 

advice stay the **** away from anybody even 

1715566371_coronanazi.thumb.jpg.90f30da6637b5feb4c5e8615040dbc77.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 2:08 AM, sandhiller said:

29C81AAE-888D-4688-AC8F-EF7C7A19B5B7.thumb.jpeg.9cccd4d05442c1d272f8ad0f3e7423aa.jpeg

Wife and I usually grocery shop on Thursday afternoon to avoid the Friday night, (payday), crowd or the Saturday morning rush. Wife hasn't much problem with mask

wearing, but I sure as he** do!   I've used the above mask exempt card, (which sandhiller so graciously posted here last week, thanks again!), a couple of times with

success! But yesterday the mask Gestapo heifer at the grocery store entrance wouldn't buy it. Not wanting to get in a major altercation with her, (she outweighed me by at least 100 lbs.), I instantly went to plan B. I raised my baseball style cap and yanked the mask, (2nd picture), concealed beneath it down over my face and stood their

glaring at her until she finished reading it giving me a dirty look.  I told her we've shopped here every week for at least 15 years, but we're gone! We left without shopping.

Went to their competitor across town. A little closer to home but smaller selection and a little more pricey  ....  but freedom friendly and "no mask" not enforced. They

now have my business!

DSCF0059 (1).JPG

• Like 5