It has rained at last after 3 years of drought

I almost fell out of my chair. I had no idea. We have had 3 years of miserable mud. I'm so sick of the mud I'm packing up. Scoot over..... comin in. 

Seriously though if it's been that dry there I'm glad you got a shot. 

• Like 5

Just to prove it. Last night. Guessing a spring caved in. Been driving through this slop hole feeding hay all winter. It had a hard bottom just a foot of slop. Well something gave and the truck almost disappeared. Nice ain't it🤬

IMG_5294.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6

We have been almost half as bad as Noah helpings of rain in the last two and a half years also

55 minutes ago, Missouri Mule said:

Just to prove it. Last night. Guessing a spring caved in. Been driving through this slop hole feeding hay all winter. It had a hard bottom just a foot of slop. Well something gave and the truck almost disappeared. Nice ain't it🤬

IMG_5294.jpg

Did you get out?

1 hour ago, Missouri Mule said:

IMG_5294.jpg

We had something like that in 2016, I just stopped moving machinery

19 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

Did you get out?

Yep.. after assessing the situation best solution was to wind up the rubberband 5.7 liter and grab a handful of 2nd. It came out. These old trucks go anywhere. Best 4wd I've ever been around. I guess the independant front suspension helps. We run 2 of them. Both have been stuck a couple times but they have crawled out of way more. What you cant see is the passenger side front tire is a foot off the ground. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Missouri Mule said:

IMG_5294.jpg

Borrowing the photo as I don't have any of ours.

We're in south west Queensland.  Year's rainfall till now is 253.5 mm - which is more than all last year.  And it is wet like that.  Our sandy loam soils get  almost like quicksand when really wet, with no bottom.  You do NOT drive on your previous track if you're game to drive at all.

The boys have been doing dozer repairs away from base and went to finish yesterday, as they head off north tomorrow..  I went out to see how things were going, slipped into a Landcruiser track from where they went in and the motorbike broke through.  On the way home they bogged the Landcruiser 3 times - and the dozer the same in pulling it out - once when it was just sitting idling while they hooked up.

On the other hand we had no problems pulling a flood fence up with the TEA Ferguson.

Fortunately for me they got both out

And the vegetation has been waiting for a soaking like this since about 2012.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Glad you finally got some rain, ours has finally stopped for a bit, but it's been wet all winter. Won't even freeze, and everything is ultra soft from all the rain the last 2 years.

39687.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, 5288IH said:

IMG_2670.thumb.JPG.1218affd3dd97aa4f36fb9cd72a9252f.JPG

You beauty👍.... glad to hear you blokes are getting some " lube" after such a long time , I hope things really go ahead for ya mate ... make the most of it 😊

Heath, NZ 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

IMG_5294.jpg

...those darn Chev's...:rolleyes:

Mike

12 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

IMG_5294.jpg

did ya break anything? you need to get you some ARPS half tracks 😜

• Like 2
Just now, vtfireman85 said:

did ya break anything? you need to get you some ARPS half tracks 😜

That would be cool. No nothing broke. Couldnt figure out what happened. Just drove through there like I had been all winter with 2 bales on. It was either a spring or a small sinkhole. Those are silage bales so they look small but they are heavy. I was never a big chevy guy but this is a true testament to how tough these old trucks are. My red one other than brakes has been great. I did finally have to put a transmission in it. I had that thing tore to shreds. Flywheel, flex plate, torque. All bad. 

13 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

IMG_5294.jpg

Don’t look 👀 now  but here come the angus 👈

• Like 1

We in Ohio just take rain fall for granted , misting rain here right now .  Fill up the ponds and rain barrel is what  I was thinking ,but goes much deeper than that I’m thinking don’t have a clue to the devastation and time to recover I bet would take twice as long .🤷‍♂️

15 hours ago, 5288IH said:

IMG_2670.thumb.JPG.1218affd3dd97aa4f36fb9cd72a9252f.JPG

Amazing how things will turn around after Mother Nature smiles on you again. Nice to see the green.

I'm afraid we're still too wet too. 

This is the tank wagon belonging to one of the stations I bring fuel to. 

He made it into the ranch loaded but coming out he bounced out of the track and into a ditch. On the other side is a lake. 

Stuck two FWA JD's trying to get him out. Finally brought in a D6 to yank them all out. 

In 2012 we had the driest year any of the oldtimers could remember, last year we had the wettest. Would really like to see something in the middle😁

stuck.thumb.jpg.8864ee9d91eb99d09947cd82c6acc429.jpg

• Like 1

We're coming into what looks like our third year of well below average moisture. Nice to see everything looking lush after a well needed rain

so glad you got the much needed rain, we have been saturated - 3rd wettest year on record last year since they have been keeping track, flooded our crops and had to replant 3x and spray extra as well, hoping you get more rain and catch up on the severe lack it takes its toll for sure

as for the chevy getting out nice job, but that freightliner might need a tug from that 6 Series deere a couple pix up 😉

17 was the driest year i remember, real moisture stopped in January didn't rain much to speak of till late September and it's been mud up until fall of 19 and now it's looking very dry again.

2 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

Yah oh yah. Especially with the silage bales on back. I thought I may have to wait it out a while and get some weight off the back 🤔

How do those silage bales unroll? Seems like they would be sticky- but I've never been around them

6 hours ago, ZachGrant said:

How do those silage bales unroll? Seems like they would be sticky- but I've never been around them

They unroll ok. Actually once they get down to the core they do stick a little. I just gas on it and they fly apart fine. My dry bales kinda do that too so it may be the baler. 

My pastures are a mud pit. It's going to take a lot to get them back in production where I am feeding hay. 

I don't have any feeding pics but here is my wife in our sailboat  in one of our rice fields last spring. It was under water for over 2 weeks but still survived and made rice. Our corn and soybeans didn't survive.

Thx-Ace

tmp_6745-Photo0021-1397202356.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1