7140 with over 10,000 hrs

jdetig1

Im not sure if they would actually sell it for 20,000 or if he was just saying that. I know that a guy could buy something with 7000hrs on it that hasnt been taken care of and have more problems with it than something with 10,000hrs on it. I appreciate the input. Thanks.

4 hours ago, jdetig1 said:

Im not sure if they would actually sell it for 20,000 or if he was just saying that. I know that a guy could buy something with 7000hrs on it that hasnt been taken care of and have more problems with it than something with 10,000hrs on it. I appreciate the input. Thanks.

The 1 owner thing is worth 3k imho.

I would make it work for that.  My 2 owner 7140 had 10k on it in 2013 n we gladly paid 40k.  Felt we got good buy.  Has 19000 on now

1 hour ago, ihrondiesel said:

With no weights on it anywhere the front duals don’t scare me. Be a different story if it was weighted to heck with all that rubber on there. 

X2

With that much rubber it would float but spin out easily

Have a 7110 mfwd.  Has 19k hrs on it, just overhauled it 500 hrs ago. Packs a 12ft dozer blade all fall and winter, pulls a bale processor all winter feeding cattle and pulls a hydraswing in the summer. 7140 here in South Dakota in that condition will be 35-45k all day! 

• Like 1

We gave alot more than that for a 7230 10 years ago with 13000 hrs. from rANDALL'S . Great tractor ,tires in shape for 5 years now. Buy it and run it . There was 2 of em here for years turned up all the way hauling crap tankers ,chiesels etc. Still going where they are now ... 

Just my 2 cents...I am going to guess in 20 years you'd be kicking yourself for not buying one of history's best tractors at that price.

Many of my purchases always factor in the cost of escape if things don't work out.  Seems like this tractor gives more wiggle room than most.

Watched a nice 1086 sell on auction time yesterday for nearly 14K.....  and you have a line on a FWA Magnum for 20 and you're sitting on the fence???? 

https://www.auctiontime.com/listings/farm-equipment/auction-results/191248687/international-1086

C'mon man buy that big lovely lady already! :)