What’s the deal with John Deere Stock ⬆️

6.2 billion in sales ,holy smoke ,and were dumb farmers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They are way more than an ag company. Construction, lawn and turf, insurance.....and a global company as well. 

That's fine but he needs to explain what color this new equipment is supposed to be!

One of the biggest things deere does is finance.  You can finance any farm input with JD financial. Huge money maker, also telling of the times if everyone is using JD financial to purchase inputs.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, dale560 said:

Trump said earlier this summer farmers were needing new equipment.

That's fine but he needs to explain what color this new equipment is supposed to be!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, TomH said:

I can’t remember where the speech was at. But in his unique way he said the farmers were going to make so much money they were all going to need new tractors. The power of persuasion must work.

Net sales doesn't suprise me, as jass said they cover a lot of different inudstries in a lot of different places, and have a very loyal following. $3.25 billion net profit seems pretty healthy though

Just now, brahamfireman said:

One of the biggest things deere does is finance.  You can finance any farm input with JD financial. Huge money maker, also telling of the times if everyone is using JD financial to purchase inputs.

They'll finance inputs? Like seed, fert, etc? What kind of interest rate on that I wonder?

No clue what interst is, never used it but the elevator I worked at had it as an option when purchasing seed, chemical or fertilizer. I also saw it on my seed sales this year from a local seed salesman, had a checkbox for JD financial.  

5 minutes ago, brahamfireman said:

No clue what interst is, never used it but the elevator I worked at had it as an option when purchasing seed, chemical or fertilizer. I also saw it on my seed sales this year from a local seed salesman, had a checkbox for JD financial.  

They had crop insurance also

JD is also in the Aftermarket parts too , I believe they own controlling majority interest in A & I if I remember correctly , that would also boost thier sales .

• Like 2

Yea JD financial, ag, construction, outdoor power equipment and forestery. And over the last several months what little I been out on I94 I've seen several new Green feller bunchers and skidders and we are not a logging area. All of em heading west. No idea where JD builds those. But out on I94? Those are going to ID, WA, OR maybe extreme west MT.

Rick

3 minutes ago, IH766 said:

That's gotta be some high risk lending no doubt

And hi risk lending equal high interest rates.

Rick

• Like 2
1 minute ago, oldtanker said:

And hi risk lending equal high interest rates.

Rick

Unless they're taking a mtg on a property or taking equipment, I'm not sure how they would secure it. Risk based pricing is useful but rates would have to be so high that it wouldn't even make sense to the farmer, unless they were totally out of options and JD just doesn't care?

Just now, IH766 said:

Unless they're taking a mtg on a property or taking equipment, I'm not sure how they would secure it. Risk based pricing is useful but rates would have to be so high that it wouldn't even make sense to the farmer, unless they were totally out of options and JD just doesn't care?

Don't know. I know several folks here who the bank cut off. They are getting financed somewhere.

Rick

1 minute ago, oldtanker said:

Don't know. I know several folks here who the bank cut off. They are getting financed somewhere.

Rick

That's the scary part, I hate seeing banks just finance until it gets too risky and then try to cut ties. A banker should be a partner not an opponent or a superior

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, TomH said:

AND HOW TO PAY FOR IT..FIGURE OUT EXPORTS...

My kid knows all about john deere on his own and he hates em, at the store theres 2 aisles of john deere toys and only a few feet of ih, when he wanted an ih ice cream cake from dq they refused and said they have a contract with john deere that they will always use john deere green for any farm based cakes , and they always sell john deere clothes for kids not ih. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Don't forget that Deere is now in the global paving business.  Several years ago they bought the German company, Wirtgen, for $5.2 Billion.  https://www.wirtgen-group.com/en-us/  Wirtgen also has the Vogele, Hamm, and Kleeman brands in their portfolio.  This Wirtgen purchase finally gets Deere into the construction equipment markets of many countries.  Deere attempted to gain a European foothold with their yellow equipment since the late-'70s and never was successful.

FYI - Deere purchased the Timberjack about 20 years ago.  Seems to me that Timberjack was Scandinavian in origin.  I don't know where production is now.

Back to the original question, I was told about 25 years ago that the Deere Foundation intentionally created a roller coaster for DE stock prices.  I can't confirm that it is true...but witnessed that general wave pattern many times.  That all seemed to change about 15-20 years ago.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, IH766 said:

They'll finance inputs? Like seed, fert, etc? What kind of interest rate on that I wonder?

This is my first year dealing with JD financial and I'm not sure what their strategy is other than getting their foot in the door but they were offering 0% interest until Dec 2020 through where we buy seed. It worked our really good for me as now I will be able to allocate some more of my operating loan towards buying fertilizer and getting my equipment set up to side dress 32 on corn this year. 

they were into bus frames bodies,to keep the tax increase rolling ours buys new every 5yr or 100km.

too expensive to maintain the old central garage at $50k yr, so put $4mil into "new" rehab , so now EVERY bus runs 2x the miles EVERY day to get home.

9 minutes ago, Rusty shackleford said:

My kid knows all about john deere on his own and he hates em, at the store theres 2 aisles of john deere toys and only a few feet of ih, when he wanted an ih ice cream cake from dq they refused and said they have a contract with john deere that they will always use john deere green for any farm based cakes , and they always sell john deere clothes for kids not ih. 

Yea with the toys you have to look at 2 things. What's both CaseIH and JD charging for using their logo plus advertising that is driving demand. That is what is CaseIH advertising as opposed to JD? So a city kid wanting a toy tractor? What does he see? OH! I know! JD outdoor power equipment ads! City worker on a JD tractor. City working mowing the park on a JD zero turn. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a city works department using anything besides Deere. Schools too. So what color toy tractor does the kid want? So what sells? As far as DQ? Don't know. They may indeed have a contract with Deere. Not the franchise owners fault unless that is a franchise thing. More of a CaseIH fault. They should have been out there doing the same kinda deals. Can't fault Deere for pushing ad dollars as far as they will go. I can fault CaseIH for not being as aggressive as Deere. Now I just checked online. DQ says nothing about Deere or any other manufacturer. In fact on the website they don't offer anything with toys or special designs. So I suspect that is something your local DQ is doing and not DQ corporate policy. Gotta remember. DQ doesn't own the stores. Those are a franchise operation. So who owns the local DQ? Are they friends/business partners with the local JD dealer? Maybe a relative works for JD? 

Rick