Muscle cars with no muscle

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1928 Victory 6 Dodge Brothers that my Grandfather bought new . Dont know if it was considered a muscle car or not back in the day but it has a flat head 6 cylinder engine and does a whopping 60 mph ?

When I was 19, I lived in one of these (less the vinyl roof) with a knob. Beat that car to death EVERY night and it just took it.  Then the ex took it.... from me.  

Not muscle or car but girlfriends dad had an 81 chev pickup with the 6.2 diesel, was moving into apartment and she wanted me to drive, came to an intersection and light was switching to yellow, pushed

Posted Images

I had a 1975 Olds Cutlass Supreme 2 door hard top with a 350 Olds engine , factory swivel bucket seats , console shift 350 automatic trans with most all of the factory options . I didnt consider it a muscle car but it didnt do to bad performance wise . Speedometer went to 120 mph and it would do at least that but took awhile to get there .

My Dad had a 1964 Olds  4 door hard top Dynamic 88 with a Ultra High Compression ( stated that on a decal on air cleaner cover ) 394 with 4 barrel carb . It was a big car but it would certainly get right with program when the pedal was mashed to the floor . Always had to use Ethyl high octane gas in it , any less grade of pump gas it would ping like a popcorn popper if pedal was mashed .

001.jpg

• Like 2
5 hours ago, dale560 said:

I faintly remember the glory day cars that were left From the 60s in 78 79. I agree not much for performance after 71. Dad has a 76 caprice classic 4 door that was nice driving car. My car I want one day is a 87 Buick Regal gn. Might have to make a clone out of another year regal though. 

ACF59C0D-C892-4E17-B1C2-AEF598BD3FD8.png

Guy I used to buy lawn mowers from to recondition walked in the dealership and paid cash for a brand new GN for his wife

3 minutes ago, bitty said:

Guy I used to buy lawn mowers from to recondition walked in the dealership and paid cash for a brand new GN for his wife

They had one in a votech school here in North Dakota. Kid won it for the school at a National competition. I have a 81 regal diesel but want a 87.

I used to have a really nice 1973 Buick Riviera for a few years, I think from like 2000 thru 2005, with the 455 V-8, 4 barrel carb and dual exhaust, some sort of posi-rear end, forget what Buick called it. It was fun to drive. It would smoke the rear tires if you hammered it from a stop. LOL. The hood was 50 miles long. And it had that Corvette style rear window glass with that fastback look. I sold it to help pay for my 1980 1086 that I had bought. I got $4,500.00 for it. Some black guy saw my ad and drove out from Toledo to the farm with a wad of cash, he had a super hot lookin' black babe with him OMG, LOL... They arrived in a Cadillac of course. Guy was plenty nice enough with me, I wonder what his deal was, pimp maybe? LOL... He paid me the 4500 in all $100.00 bills. I was asking 49, we agreed on 45. CHA CHING. SOLD. Glad I got to partially replenish my funds from purchasing the 1086. One of my friends from back up there, told me on more than one occasion that he spotted my old Rivi' cruising around Toledo from time to time. ha....

Remember how they destroyed the Monte Carlo and Cutlass starting in 1978? What a joke. Stupid looking pieces of crap after the '77's.

• Like 2

bought a new '73 Chevy Nova, came with a 307 automatic. couple years later it had a 402 big block and 4 speed transplanted into it. no power steering or power brakes. no A/C either. not sure what top speed was on it but i did follow a friend who was going 135 on a 2 lane winding road , he was topped out but i was just getting warmed up.

• Like 1

The only regret I had back in the HP days was NOT ordering a copo camaro, ordered a roadrunner instead, watching the auctions now the roadrunners are getting great money but a numbers matching copo rat is through the roof, I'm not saying I would have kept it, (two kids, house and life in general) not likely, but I would have had the memories, ahhhh the memories.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, MTO said:

What a pathetic automobile.

I sure remember the days of no muscle muscle cars... sigh.

I`d have that spindly shifter snapped off on the first second to third power shift.

The mid to late 70s was a pitiful time.

86973180_2377342335704743_766142206200250368_n.png?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ohc=r1shtJ14d70AX-bIYp1&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=8105ffbd67a6f5a6fdc07fca6ecce748&oe=5EBFEEA286810327_2801220339958552_3065675998650433536_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=odmra3Y1Z9QAX_fIsHo&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=ce561d8fc9fb054a9ed961d02d9bc497&oe=5F00C5EE

I had that one Plymouth road runner , hood and fender rotted off it I’m a year ? boy ol boy I love northeast Ohio 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, vtfireman85 said:

78554D17-BBAC-47C0-8A41-EF8B73B88345.jpeg

CE6B3D00-D33B-499E-B7AF-E992F63FEB86.jpeg

8E10217E-582D-4F6A-A99D-5729CF0B39E3.png

Oh, so you DO want a De Lorean!!

I figured that the ad for a De Lorean that I sent you last week would be right up your alley, but noooooo, you told me that you were not interested in it..........

Good to see you today.  I enjoyed the tour.

Now the mental note that you gave me about your “Sasquatch”.......

6 hours ago, cedar farm said:

shifter snapped off on the first second to third power shift.

I had a friend that snapped the handle off a Hurst 4 speed shifter on a 2--3 shift.......

He was a good buddy to have in a tight situation.

Mike

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, 1586 Jeff said:

Oh, so you DO want a De Lorean!!

I figured that the ad for a De Lorean that I sent you last week would be right up your alley, but noooooo, you told me that you were not interested in it..........

Good to see you today.  I enjoyed the tour.

Now the mental note that you gave me about your “Sasquatch”.......

The only reason I wpuld want a de lorean is to get er up to 88 mph and go back to 1955

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
28 minutes ago, Rusty shackleford said:

The only reason I wpuld want a de lorean is to get er up to 88 mph and go back to 1955

This De Lorean was on tracks.  I am pretty sure that the only way that it would see 88 Miles Per Hour would be on the back of a fast truck!!

DE6672C8-9BD9-47C9-9D40-FCE3E662B815.thumb.png.b419c385e6932523b8b6beedd7442a15.png

Edited by 1586 Jeff
Added picture
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, Dasnake said:

I was there, why?

It's a back to the future movie joke, on the movie they made a de lorean into a time machine and when you drive 88mph you would travel through time, well the kid went back in time and ended up meating his parents and his mom started to fall for him so he had to get his parents to fall in love so he wouldnt disappear, and also be able to get back to the future

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rusty shackleford said:

And buy how many Super series tractors?

to put in a barn for when you get back in time

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AKwelder said:

And buy how many Super series tractors?

to put in a barn for when you get back in time

I would talk to my 2 year old dad and tell him to start collecting belly tanks ,quick hitches,  and 426 hemis 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Rusty shackleford said:

It's a back to the future movie joke, on the movie they made a de lorean into a time machine and when you drive 88mph you would travel through time, well the kid went back in time and ended up meating his parents and his mom started to fall for him so he had to get his parents to fall in love so he wouldnt disappear, and also be able to get back to the future

I got that but would really want to go back to that time, I always had a hankering to go back to the old west, my reasoning was the opening of the US and the opening of Kanada, now I’m not looking through any rose colored glasses, but I would like to see the history that I’ve read about, heard about and was told by old timers as I grew up. My other druther would have been the teens through the 30s, that was my query on your 1955 statement.

15 minutes ago, Rusty shackleford said:

I would talk to my 2 year old dad and tell him to start collecting belly tanks ,quick hitches,  and 426 hemis 

That would work.  Spending $1 a week on ibm stock wouldn’t be bad either