IHCUBCADET.COM

Goofy hood Ornament info

Ok folks, I have an issue that you need to help me with. The story goes that these came direct from the Louisville plant from an old retired employee. That's all well and good except! There's something just not right here, 1f609.png😉 The one on the left is the Roth version of IH-369180R1 and the one on the right has a part number of 39169R1. Both look to be NOS, but I can't find anything on the 39169R1 anywhere.

bird1.jpg

bird2.jpg

bird3.jpg

bird4.jpg

bird5.jpg

Left looks like a x56 hood ornament. 

The 2nd is part number 369169R1. Shows in parts site, but no application. 

Is the 39169r1 an ornament off a truck or construction item?

Update, There's got to be another number, cause that part # fits a 1066 tractor rear axle shaft/gear Part #39169-R1

I got the magnifying glass out, and on the left side beside the screw hole there is a backwards 3.

333.jpg

3 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

Is the 39169r1 an ornament off a truck or construction item?

looks like truck...old bus

makes it nice to have the OLD books.....wonder if vw   will toss the last little bits....?

If part was < '74 ih oem for truck const/ind or cc div   80% of those numbers were tossed.in the turn overs ,so hard to research

and new numbers were needed with subtle change to part,that are hard to track,  root part 36x-xxx-r1 may become 4xx-xxxc9, or 92??????/

about 81' here  ,was a time no one knew whom had/sold what parts and it took weeks to have dist rep look and see how many hands it passed after leaving ih factory  thru new owner /country back to dist-dealer-customer,today most are UO NLA 

numbers (high volume)that covered more than one div ,were purchased back by IH and /or changed if the new owner now supplied that part back to IH at $ 300% markup.

many dealers were all inclusive or stocked local customer needs until 70ish

even if IH made/sourced it,under old # ,shipped to owner and then bought back for ih dealers.

such low volume cross over, items would be in ih oem box at  counter of

navi

cc

or dresr  for 30 80% less  $$

• Like 1

that sure looks like from the 560, 660 tractor hood.  I will look in morning at mine.

• Like 1

The other thread I responded to had a seven digit part number, which is too many.

This one has a five digit part number, which is not enough.

IH part numbers of that era had six digits, then the R-number. So, something is indeed missing.

9 hours ago, rustred said:

that sure looks like from the 560, 660 tractor hood.  I will look in morning at mine.

Sure looks like what’s on my 560 

369180R1 is a 560 hood ornament , 544 uses the same.

Cant find the other one, which is probably 369169R1, I called my IH guy, hes thinking it's off a truck.

• Like 1

656 also uses 369180R1.   666 uses 538005R1.  Sigh, shiny chrome w/wings replaced by cheepo black plastic wedge.  Mine is missing, wonder if the shiny 656 one would fit...nearly everything else is the same!

Found it.  Swept back 389169R1 is used on 424 & 2424.  The 8 is cut off by the post to look like a 3, while the first 3 is reversed (whats with that?)

• Like 1

My 504 has the one slanted forward. deffinately a hood ornament.

On 2/22/2020 at 9:23 AM, Jeff-C-IL said:

656 also uses 369180R1.   666 uses 538005R1.  Sigh, shiny chrome w/wings replaced by cheepo black plastic wedge.  Mine is missing, wonder if the shiny 656 one would fit...nearly everything else is the same!

Found it.  Swept back 389169R1 is used on 424 & 2424.  The 8 is cut off by the post to look like a 3, while the first 3 is reversed (whats with that?)

The 424 & 2424 were built at Louisville. Getting these pieces from an ex-Louisville employee makes sense.