I've stumbled across a TD20C. It's not run in a while,  supposedly the turbo was bad, and it was parked and never fixed after the owner passed. Family is wanting it gone. It has the 535?? I believe. Any thoughts on these? Are parts harder to find than say a td15c? I need to go look it over and see what condition the under carriage is in.

20C has DT573 V8.  B series I think.  Other systems on 20C same as 15C except a little large.  You are familiar with that.  I would think engine parts would be more scarce than 466 parts.  Others will know better on that.  Sounds like you are up sizing.

Dennis

Okay. I knew it was a five something engine. Just wasn't sure. It sounds like it might be a good deal. Not necessarily wanting a bigger Dozer, but they are fun to play with if I don't have to put a bunch of money into it. The price is certainly right. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

Based on your previous 15C posts, it looks like you are capable to do the repairs yourself if parts are available.  That's a plus.  We didn't have many 20s in our area as compared to 15s and 25s.  The 20c's we did have did well though.  Good luck and keep us posted.

I ran one for 35 years, it's a brute. They made fewer then the 15 so parts are extremely rare, rails/rollers/sprockets are non-existent. I'd steer clear, Dennis is right all most identical to the 15 except larger and you can probable double the cost to own and operate, the baby likes about 10gals an hour when your running hard. Turbo is not a problem it'll be all the parts to hook it up, I had to hand build mine the last time.