term limits for legislators for or against

Ya I’m thinking term limits would be good , the politicians would have to work together more to maintain  ,they could not get enough lobbyists to fund there mansions on our money 💰. Change is for certain ,but it would make them more responsive to the voters for another term

Already wrote my senator here ,he naturally against it .  

• Like 3
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very much for it.  In my lowly opinion being a legislature should be something you do as a service to the country, not make a career out of it.

Definitely think this is the way. Also they should get NO special pension and only get the same social security as everyone else qualifies for

We do have term limits....it’s called people actually getting out and voting, if they’re doing a piss poor job vote them out!

Posted Images

I will be the Lone Ranger. I don’t think we need term limits. We need to educate the people on how to hold our elected officials accountable. 
Term limits are just an easy way out for us

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, mader656 said:

Term limits for everyone in goverment and a cumulative max as well..

Definitely think this is the way. Also they should get NO special pension and only get the same social security as everyone else qualifies for

• Like 10

Tiny Bloomberg got his bubbies to eliminate it so he could be mayor of New York for more than two terms why ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Lazy WP said:

I will be the Lone Ranger. I don’t think we need term limits. We need to educate the people on how to hold our elected officials accountable. 

I understand your thought process and I agree that we shouldn't need term limits BUT our legislative branch decided to limit the president to two fulls terms because they didn't trust the voters to do their job correctly.   Actually these deeply entrenched long term politicians are virtually untouchable in a re election bid.  So much wealth, so much power, so much influence that it is virtually impossible to mount a serious opposition.  You are completely correct in theory but in application I am 100% in favor of term limits. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Three terms in the house and two terms in the senate and a 5 year ban on becoming a lobbyist. Any more time than that and corruption sets in. These elected positions were supposed to by a public service job not a career.

• Like 6

I am all for term limits all the way down to your elected Township elected officials!!   I am tired of being on the board and nobody else is willing to step up. Oh they complain

about roads and snow removal and other things. I tell them Township election is third Tuesday in March be there and I will nominate you and vote for you. 

I am tired of it after 35 years being elected unopposed and little pay and no pension.

Rant over.

And my driveway is not even paved

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, Lazy WP said:

Ok try to educate the people and see how far ya get 

• Haha 1

Join the convention of states movement.  Soros is actively trying to wipe it out, he's scared his bought and paid for politicians won't be able to do his bidding anymore.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, cjf711 said:

Don’t think term limits solve anything.  Politician turnover would be greater,  we already have a shortage of qualified people in those positions.

That's the problem, too many are disqualified already and should be removed

• Like 1
Just now, cjf711 said:

And replaced with what? The general population isn’t full of political savants.   

So rather than replace them with unqualified people we leave the same unqualified ones in forever? At least with new ones we might get something accidently right now n then. Seriously tho we do need to educate people about whats going on and why. Uphill battle as rusty says but it still should be a priority. We need to educate ourselves to make sure the folks going in are up to the job and represent the U. S. And our interests and values in an appropriate manner. If not hold them accountable!!!!! The accountability part is long over due now. Pay attention, vote and write your rep an email or letter and ask them the hard questions and expect an answer.....

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Timothy56 said:

I am all for term limits all the way down to your elected Township elected officials!!   I am tired of being on the board and nobody else is willing to step up. Oh they complain

about roads and snow removal and other things. I tell them Township election is third Tuesday in March be there and I will nominate you and vote for you. 

I am tired of it after 35 years being elected unopposed and little pay and no pension.

Rant over.

And my driveway is not even paved

I have been an elected township official for going on 24 years.  No one ever wanted my seat.  I currently serve as supervisor.  People complain and then sit at hime and wait for change without lifting a finger.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing but expecting different results. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

We need to educate ourselves to make sure the folks going in are up to the job and represent the U. S. And our interests and values in an appropriate manner. If not hold them accountable!!!!! The accountability part is long over due now. Pay attention, vote and write your rep an email or letter and ask them the hard questions and expect an answer.....

And electing true general population citizens, that get in these spots is how we solve the problem, sign me up for term limits, heck sign me up for county official. I'll start gutting spending day one. 

• Like 2

Are we talking just state legislators or at a National level as well?

1 hour ago, Lazy WP said:

Educate people on how our gov't system works.....girlfriend's kids( high school and college age) immediately after the House voted for articles of impeachment acted as if Trump was already impeached. Nephew Daniel says "Oh yea , Trump is impeached". I informed them that the Senate has to vote for impeachment, he's not removed yet. They're in school and didn't know that. Where did they get such ideas?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, billonthefarm said:

I understand your thought process and I agree that we shouldn't need term limits BUT our legislative branch decided to limit the president to two fulls terms because they didn't trust the voters to do their job correctly.   Actually these deeply entrenched long term politicians are virtually untouchable in a re election bid.  So much wealth, so much power, so much influence that it is virtually impossible to mount a serious opposition.  You are completely correct in theory but in application I am 100% in favor of term limits. 

NAILED IT   I have many times heard a congressman say " voting that way would be political suicide" or "if I vote for that I won't be reelected".  Remove that thought from their mind so they vote for what they think is RIGHT. Take the reelection thought out of the equation. I have thought this was on congressmens minds for decades, now they openly talk about it in the media.

• Like 4