FARMALL 1206 S/N 14869

Long Farms

2 hours ago, Jeff-C-IL said:

I have to say---how do you go about tightening bolts with those non-marking rubber wrenches?   At least, they have to be-right?  No wrench marks!

X2, Inquiring minds want to know. I have the worst luck at this.

Matt

• Like 1

One of very few resto’s getting the correct bolts!

• Like 3

I do like those big weights tho they may look better on wheatland/standards. But the split weights will look good on this 1206 for sure. Can’t wait to see the it roll of the line “better than new”

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, IHhogfarmer said:

I do like those big weights tho they may look better on wheatland/standards. But the split weights will look good on this 1206 for sure. Can’t wait to see the it roll of the line “better than new”

The 1206 with the huge wheel weights is mine. Totally different from the one Coy is working on. Ill be taking the 500lbs weights off mine and bolting on 4 sets of splits per wheel and setting mine on 30". I dont have time to mess with mine right now but ill get another thread going once i start on it. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, coy winslow said:

I think they quit using IH stamped bolts in 68. I had a 1256 that had some IH bolts and some WP stamped bolts and my 1456 had all WP bolts.

Well hello there Mr. Winslow, we all have been druling over your beautiful work for a long time now.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Long Farms said:

The 1206 with the huge wheel weights is mine. Totally different from the one Coy is working on. Ill be taking the 500lbs weights off mine and bolting on 4 sets of splits per wheel and setting mine on 30". I dont have time to mess with mine right now but ill get another thread going once i start on it. 

Dang I totally screwed that up for myself. I was looking in awe at both of 1206’s earlier today knowing who owned which one and I got mixed up as I was typing?...... sorry?

2 hours ago, coy winslow said:

I think they quit using IH stamped bolts in 68. I had a 1256 that had some IH bolts and some WP stamped bolts and my 1456 had all WP bolts.

Good to hear from you sir, welcome to RPF. Your work is amazing on these IH tractors 

• Like 2

From what I've seen somewhere in 1969 the IH bolts started to fade. By 1970 a majority of bolts went to WP stamp for West Pullman. Even in 1970 you will find a few IH bolts in certain areas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Correct that IH owned West Pullman. Maybe @Dr._EVIL has some history of this? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Farmall1066 said:

I think the reason IH came off the bolt head was they started supplying other companies with hardware, and those companies didn’t want IH on their bolts.  They should have left IH on them, it was their bolt division!! 

I think you are correct

• Like 1

Here is picture of our 15,070 something serial number with I presume factory wedge locks. One wedge is even white. There was a debate about this years ago on here if 12s ever came with wedges and your casting code proves it. Ours has to be cleaned And snow prevents you from laying down to get a good read. Both axles are exact same spot, but part number is the same just in a different spot.

566A244F-3B3B-4907-A3C4-95918160B93A.jpeg

73F243DB-5D9A-48C4-945B-B1F0E9104FB7.jpeg

• Like 1

Here is a 1256 casting they changed the number size on the later ones. And the other side on the 1256 doesn’t have a number in same spot. So I guess what I am trying to say you have definitely proved some 1206s came with wedge locks. Casting date on 56 is 11/14 /O and a better picture of difference in numbers from 1206 to late 1256. Did you notice were the castings red under the white also?

8CBC7E64-BA9B-4B11-B9C8-DD2396BC9ED4.jpeg

30E5CFE2-B478-4529-BC2A-FA32ED5B1C79.jpeg

F9BC7E72-297C-4043-8319-6EC80F11F330.jpeg

• Like 1