Ok folks, I bought an M "puller project" this week. It has been crudely cut down to 4400 lbs already, with plenty of room for improvement for my own weight distribution. Fairly fresh rebuild on the motor with good compression, but I am wanting to know who to send this factory head to in Southeastern, IL to get the best bang for my buck. I am probably heading to Louisville this weekend for the farm progress show, so anything along the way will be taken into consideration! I'd prefer to stay away from LP heads and keep the factory head, and I'll never have the money to beat the world...I just want to do the best I can and have the most fun that I can! I am considering an aluminum radiator, and making aluminum rails along with possibly aluminum front wheels, and machining myself some aluminum hubs. Thanks a lot!!

Screenshot_20200213-001332_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2

Try to adapt car hubs to the M spindles and put some mags on the front. Even some spindle-mount dragster wheels might work!

• Like 1

It's hard to not get responses on farmall m pullers that arnt, spend thousands and have crazy cubes and horsepower,  I like what your doing, make a good runner and have fun, spending money dosnt make it fun in my opinion 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rusty shackleford said:

It's hard to not get responses on farmall m pullers that arnt, spend thousands and have crazy cubes and horsepower,  I like what your doing, make a good runner and have fun, spending money dosnt make it fun in my opinion 

I agree about the spending money part.  I know you have to spend some to be reasonably competitive in pulls, but until I have an abundance of money just laying around this will have to do!

• Like 2
On 2/13/2020 at 12:04 PM, R Pope said:

Try to adapt car hubs to the M spindles and put some mags on the front. Even some spindle-mount dragster wheels might work!

I think I am going to try that, and I have even heard of people using new trailer hubs for their tricycle fronts.  

• Like 1

Keep us posted if you source a hub that fits the spindle. I might go that route with my w6 down the road if i get told im too hot for stock. Our "open" class would allow aftermarket front wheels. 

Have fun with your M!

AL 

• Like 1
On 2/12/2020 at 11:15 PM, Joshrod14 said:

Ok folks, I bought an M "puller project" this week. It has been crudely cut down to 4400 lbs already, with plenty of room for improvement for my own weight distribution. Fairly fresh rebuild on the motor with good compression, but I am wanting to know who to send this factory head to in Southeastern, IL to get the best bang for my buck. I am probably heading to Louisville this weekend for the farm progress show, so anything along the way will be taken into consideration! I'd prefer to stay away from LP heads and keep the factory head, and I'll never have the money to beat the world...I just want to do the best I can and have the most fun that I can! I am considering an aluminum radiator, and making aluminum rails along with possibly aluminum front wheels, and machining myself some aluminum hubs. Thanks a lot!!

Screenshot_20200213-001332_Facebook.jpg

you can spend all kind of money on the unit. but if you don't get the power to hook up to the track your done before you start. the fun is watching actual "antique" tractor pulls , not pulls with these units all souped  up and gone crazy. antique is antique so it should be stock tractors. sounds like your into more than antique.

• Like 1

I think if it's a tractor that could be used all day plowing and has mods that would have been done in the 60s and older then it should be ok for farmstock, funniest pulls for me to see or pull are the ones that have tractors that were just taken of the auger that day or the spreader and pulled then go strate back to work, there was a 560 last summer, rock box tool box, oily and covered in feed grinder dust and they to it strate to the pull, love it

28 minutes ago, Rusty shackleford said:

I think if it's a tractor that could be used all day plowing and has mods that would have been done in the 60s and older then it should be ok for farmstock, funniest pulls for me to see or pull are the ones that have tractors that were just taken of the auger that day or the spreader and pulled then go strate back to work, there was a 560 last summer, rock box tool box, oily and covered in feed grinder dust and they to it strate to the pull, love it

ya that's what I do with my 660 , it is my farming tractor. then give it a wash and to the antique pulls.

• Like 1