Jump to content

Somemore excellent old school pulling photos


Recommended Posts

Pic 1   Ed Charmichael at Louisville late 70s and I bet I'm in the crowd somewhere, best lookin puller of his time besides Dickie Sullivan

Pic 2-3  Harry Griest

Pic 4    Marshall Myre with his 1970 Sportsmanship award

Pic 5   Danny Dean workin on the Rooster in 1984

Dick Obermeyeron his Case 1370 in 1973

 

Ed Carmichael.jpg

80031575_748200108991377_2059028835193585664_n.jpg

Harry Griest.jpg

Marshall Myre showing off his 1970 Sportsmanship Award.jpg

Dean workin on the Rooster in 1984.jpg

Dick Obeermeyer Case 1370 in 1973.jpg

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 I Have wondered,    Did any of these tractors get returned to "Field Ready", Farming condition.     I can only imagine the next  "Shinny New Red Model"  arrived at the local dealership,  And the dealer took the "Old War Horse" in trade,     De- tuned.

We Live in Mid-Michigan 2 hours north of "Archbold" Ohio,   In the Late 70's & early 80's "Yoder & Frey" Auction services had a lot of  "Beautiful" tractors driven through those Auction yards,    A Bunch of us "Guys" (FFA Buddies & Female Friends)   would drive down To "Archbold, Ohio    Just to   "Experience"   the Agriculture Community of Bidding.   We were cheap dates,  The Girls didn't seem to mind,   "Home Town Entertainment" at it's best!!!

 A couple of my friends brought questionable tractors home,  Heck you could purchase a "Turbo'd 806 with decent tires for $3000.  We drove them home!!!


Memory Lane,   My 2 cents,  Jim Droscha

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DroschaFamilyDairy said:

We Live in Mid-Michigan 2 hours north of "Archbold" Ohio,   In the Late 70's & early 80's "Yoder & Frey" Auction services had a lot of  "Beautiful" tractors driven through those Auction yards,    A Bunch of us "Guys" (FFA Buddies & Female Friends)   would drive down To "Archbold, Ohio    Just to   "Experience"   the Agriculture Community of Bidding.   We were cheap dates,  The Girls didn't seem to mind,   "Home Town Entertainment" at it's best!!!

 A couple of my friends brought questionable tractors home,  Heck you could purchase a "Turbo'd 806 with decent tires for $3000.  We drove them home!!!

BTO here at the time drug all his equipment in from Archbold............At the time guys here running 656's and 3020's and he was dragging back a 1206 and later 10's and a 1466.  

I have a question on the 1370 above...............Was it really a 1370 or a 1175 gear drive?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

BTO here at the time drug all his equipment in from Archbold............At the time guys here running 656's and 3020's and he was dragging back a 1206 and later 10's and a 1466.  

I have a question on the 1370 above...............Was it really a 1370 or a 1175 gear drive?

almost all of the tractors at Archbold were there for a reason. They used to sell hundreds of tractors twice a month.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, randy hall said:

almost all of the tractors at Archbold were there for a reason. They used to sell hundreds of tractors twice a month.

As far as I know, none ever showed up here with an issue................They had issues later though.  Rear ends in the 10's and 1466.  756 never gave issues that I ever heard about, the 1206 they tell me took a can of ether to get it going, but it pulled like a freight train, I was told all the guys around here that helped him would fight over who got to run it.  Would love to know where it went, front end was all patched up with cut pipe where it was broken.  My old man said the BTO drug back the first Auto Reset Whites and they just pulled the guts out of stuff.  I guess that would have been quite a thrill, compared to everyone else babying things along with 3, 4 or 5 bottom 500 series IH plow...............dropping 6 and 7 bottom onland auto reset Whites and watching the smoke roll.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...