Dresser TD7E oil problems

Guys I am relatively new here and definitely not a mechanic. I have a 1984 Dresser TD7E. I had the engine completely rebuilt top to bottom. I just have got it installed back in the dozer. The problem that I am having is the oil goes to the valve cover and starts pushing out around the bolts. It dosen't seem to be draining back to the oil pan. The head was completely redone and all new gaskets. What would cause this? I had the oil pan dropped along with taking the valve cover off and the side plate. I poured a small amount of WD40 in the valve area close to each cylinder and it drains all the way to the ground. 

are you getting ''blow by'' ?

this will cause pressure in the crank case and keep the oil from draining

had this happen on a 300/6 ford engine.

new rings and pistons on the rebuild?

Mike

5 hours ago, coffee1961 said:

I have a 1984 Dresser TD7E.

What engine is in your machine ?   possible wrong head gasket ? installed incorrectly ?   Too much oil pumping up top ( rocker shaft plugs missing etc,?

Welcome aboard Coffee!

30 minutes ago, Kevingweq said:

What engine is in your machine ?   possible wrong head gasket ? installed incorrectly ?   Too much oil pumping up top ( rocker shaft plugs missing etc,?

Welcome aboard Coffee!

Should be a d239 same as a 544

Pull valve cover then there should be some casted holes near back and one in front on push rod side of block in head. If you have oil standing in there take a long screwdriver and poke a hole in gasket! You have coolant holes covered to, bet your head gasket is in wrong 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, shot_gun_red said:

Pull valve cover then there should be some casted holes near back and one in front on push rod side of block in head. If you have oil standing in there take a long screwdriver and poke a hole in gasket! You have coolant holes covered to, bet your head gasket is in wrong 

I wondered about that, could it be upside down? Or end for end?

10 hours ago, shot_gun_red said:

Exactly what he said.

He said he already removed the valve cover and oil pan and wd 40 when dumped in valve cover runs thru to the ground?  How fast does it run thru?  If runs right thru my money is on warped valve cover or blow by like someone else said......

The engine is the D239. After it was installed back in the dozer he cranked it and ran it about 15 minutes.  It held a steady 50psi pressure.  He cranked it back and ran it about 2/3 throttle for an hour still 50psi. It was cranked a few other times and was fine. Then for some reason it started blowing out the top. I'm 5 hours away from it so I'm having to rely on a friend to get information back to me.