Bought a couple windbreakers the other nite. Tried putting one on the 400 real quick after work before it got dark. Think it will work ok even tho its off a super mta. Head light cut outs are not zactly right for 400 so im gonna have to think of something there. Some the brackets or small pieces are missing so i was hoping to find parts breakdown on ih online parts catalog but have no idea how to find it. Any ideas? Anybody have any helpful brochures? Pictures?  Stories?

The other one is for a 656 but bought it hoping it would work on the 560 even tho i dont use it in winter at this time.....maybe shouldnt have bought that one but it was nicer of the 2.

20200208_174732.jpg

20200208_174719.jpg

20200208_174707.jpg

• Like 3

Do not remember ever seeing a parts breakdown for windbreakers in the seventies.  They were sold as a complete parts accessory from parts merchandising catalogs.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DT Fan said:

Sorry, can't help. Winters almost over, right?

We can hope.....

• Like 1

Got two of them,both were missing rods,parts, but not hard to figure out .You just kinda got to hang them on.You will have rods that bolt to platform to support rear .They are great,it's not like a cab at all but they keep you a little warmer and really help the tractor.The gas tractors run better too,keeps carb from icing up.

would give my left scotty to have a IH Windbreaker for my 806 but  it looks like the chance of finding a descent one is gone. A few years ago i was at a farm sale and there was a 856 that sold with a windbreaker for it beside it but they were trying to get more $ out of it and threw it in with the tractor

You do a search on FEMCO and they still make red vinyl windbreakers, heat-housers, weather-breaks, whatever you want to call them.  The H& M use a universal model but the one guy who put his on an M it looked very tailored to fit.  The newer tractors have specific tailored models for each size tractor chassis.

25 minutes ago, hagan said:

would give my left scotty to have a IH Windbreaker for my 806 but  it looks like the chance of finding a descent one is gone. A few years ago i was at a farm sale and there was a 856 that sold with a windbreaker for it beside it but they were trying to get more $ out of it and threw it in with the tractor

someone needs to get this one on EBAY -fast!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IH-Windbreaker-Heat-Houser-Cab/274051985273?hash=item3fcec56f79:g:EzsAAOSw50BdpJ9O

12 minutes ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

You do a search on FEMCO and they still make red vinyl windbreakers, heat-housers, weather-breaks, whatever you want to call them.  The H& M use a universal model but the one guy who put his on an M it looked very tailored to fit.  The newer tractors have specific tailored models for each size tractor chassis.

Looks Like a Genuine IH Farmall Product. When dad purchased the 806 i think the heat houser at IH was around $75 WO windshield

Got mine off face book. Guys son had the one for 656 adverstised for his dad. When i contacted him and mentioned what i was hoping to put it on he said they had one for mta also. Its the rougher of the 2 but i think with some repair it will work out nicely. 2 nice guys. Had a nice visit with them. Forgot to ask if they were on here or not. The dad mentioned missing a bracket for the 656 one to clip the door on fender so it wouldn't swing open as its side or front entry what ever its considered. It did have the piece that bolts on to keep canvas away from exhaust. 1 or both are missing the bracket over the steering column. Got both windshields. Havent looked at them too close but i think 1 is pretty nice and the other isnt too bad. 

Just thought it would be cool to find a parts break down and or brocure or instructions so i could see what everything looked like new. Sure i can make something work.

No idea what they are worth but am happy with what i gave for them. The 2 fellas seemed to have a pretty good idea the going rate on other stuff like fenders so i think they were pretty fair on the deal we agreed on.

If i get time i may kinda mock the other one up on the 560 and take some more pics.

Would the mta one bolt to platfor or axles? Right now i have it loosely bolted to middle set of holes in axles. Think platform would make it way too tall but i could be wrong.....

The biggest thing to ensure is closed IMO is the area above the fuel tank.   Dad put a green one on his H one year and it wasn’t completely closed out above the fuel tank (the area under the steering shaft) and the wind would just cut in there negating almost all effectiveness as a weatherbrake. 

5 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Got mine off face book. Guys son had the one for 656 adverstised for his dad. When i contacted him and mentioned what i was hoping to put it on he said they had one for mta also. Its the rougher of the 2 but i think with some repair it will work out nicely. 2 nice guys. Had a nice visit with them. Forgot to ask if they were on here or not. The dad mentioned missing a bracket for the 656 one to clip the door on fender so it wouldn't swing open as its side or front entry what ever its considered. It did have the piece that bolts on to keep canvas away from exhaust. 1 or both are missing the bracket over the steering column. Got both windshields. Havent looked at them too close but i think 1 is pretty nice and the other isnt too bad. 

Just thought it would be cool to find a parts break down and or brocure or instructions so i could see what everything looked like new. Sure i can make something work.

No idea what they are worth but am happy with what i gave for them. The 2 fellas seemed to have a pretty good idea the going rate on other stuff like fenders so i think they were pretty fair on the deal we agreed on.

If i get time i may kinda mock the other one up on the 560 and take some more pics.

Would the mta one bolt to platfor or axles? Right now i have it loosely bolted to middle set of holes in axles. Think platform would make it way too tall but i could be wrong.....

Don't know about yours but mine have always bolted to platform.560,656,H70

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Dad has 1 on his 560 and used to have 1 on his SMTA. They both mount to the axle where the fenders mount. I have a new Femco heat houser on my 656, it mounts to the platform.

Also I noticed you had yours pulled up over the belt pulley. When I was young Dad had a canvas IH heat houser on his SMTA and I'm pretty sure it had an opening for the belt pulley. He later replaced it with a Femco that was nylon, or whatever, not canvas. I think it also had an opening for the belt pulley.

• Like 1

Poor quality since it’s a picture of a picture. But this is the IH heat houser I have for my 340. Bought it on an estate sale with a lot of other stuff. Been years since I put it on the tractor.

89CE8600-DDC4-47D9-859A-B46685203F99.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IH Forever said:

Dad has 1 on his 560 and used to have 1 on his SMTA. They both mount to the axle where the fenders mount. I have a new Femco heat houser on my 656, it mounts to the platform.

Also I noticed you had yours pulled up over the belt pulley. When I was young Dad had a canvas IH heat houser on his SMTA and I'm pretty sure it had an opening for the belt pulley. He later replaced it with a Femco that was nylon, or whatever, not canvas. I think it also had an opening for the belt pulley.

This one has a place to go around the belt pulley looks like, but the hyd line for loader plugs into a pipe above and slighty to back of center of pulley. Its in the way to let things fit right. I just threw it on sat right before dark so it isnt really anywhere close to being right yet. Just fooling around to see how it would look and fit. I also need to replace my exhaust manifold as the pipe is just sitting there threads long gone and welded a couple times to boot. I can smell exhaust in my face now with windbreaker on. 

I ALMOST bought an IH red vinyl Heat-Houser for a Farmall 504 to try to put on my Super H about 10 years ago. Had one little hole chewed thru it by a mouse.  But when I got looking at pictures of it mounted The doors from the front or side entry would have been problems.  I'm not even sure it would fit in my 7-1/2 ft tall shop door with the windshields on.

Dad and the neighbor both bought Koehn (pronounced CANE) tractor cans. Neighbor's went on a D-17 for a year or two, then a D-19. Ours went on the 450 two years then the 4010 two more years.  There's been topics here with pictures of one on a 656 utility blowing snow with 3-pt blower.  In late fall or real early spring they kept you comfortable, and they weren't noisy.  The plexiglas windows were a royal pain to try to slide up into the roof of the cab for ventilation on nice days.  The piece of white canvas I use to block off the grill & radiator is all I have left of that cab.  I did have a couple pictures, one on 450, another on 4010 but haven't seen either pic in 40 years.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, junkman78 said:

would it fit a 806 without much or any modifications?

If you're asking me, I think it would work with some minor changes. I think the one Dad used on the 756 for many years is the same one.