Do you have a 706?

856Farmall

Really early production.  1963.  Would have the short cast hydraulic levers. Possibly had the black tachometer and foot operated park. Larger holes in the grille mesh.  Did it have the 263 gas or 282 diesel engine?  Fenders? Decals or any other identifiable features?  Narrow or wide front? Fast hitch?

Good luck  with your search. The people on this forum will be watching out for it.

• Like 1

We had one it sold at auction in stielsville In. Think that's the name. Big auction yard in the late 80s early 90s.  That's when it sold .  Wide front ,German diesel,   but I dont have the SN. ?  so finding it is pretty well lost.  

You have a number you have a shot? good luck

ive got a 706 - late model, 67 with 310 in it and a cab, not sure if it came with a cab or not and no clue where it came from - weve owned it about 8 to 10 yrs - cant reemember the s/n right off and a neighbor had a propane we converted to a gasser its earlier than mine, no cab, neighbor down road has it now

something else i thought of, cooks tractor in clinton sells parts and tractors so a lot of tractors have gone thru their business either to be scrapped OR fixed/resold at their auctions for many years for anyone looking for a tractor they might have a list of s/n units that have run through their business - not sure but its worth a call to find out if they keep any history like that

Wish I could help but mine has been here since the early 70's.  S/N 6973 which is a '63 also.  Short hyd levers, the D282, the early seat with the fiberglass armrests (hate those things) but it's original so it stays that way.

Good luck with your search...I'm still searching for my Dad's 46H.  He bought it new in Greencastle, IN but he sold or traded it on a 350 Gas in the mid '70s.  That's what I learned to drive.  It's a but unusual in that it had the mud scrapers on the front.  

Again, if someone on here has the one you're looking for, I'm sure they'll let you know.

• Like 1

My 706 is an early one. 706D sn 2237 S Y. It has the black tachometer and a short auxiliary remote handle.the seat and 3pt levers are different as well. the shifter and park was updated to the 56 style by the dealer shortly after the 56 series came out. I can't get the 3 piece seat to fit. it has aseat like a 560. Dad bought it from the original owner.

What seat would be correct on this tractor?

Thx-Ace

On 2/8/2020 at 7:24 PM, acem said:

My 706 is an early one. 706D sn 2237 S Y. It has the black tachometer and a short auxiliary remote handle.the seat and 3pt levers are different as well. the shifter and park was updated to the 56 style by the dealer shortly after the 56 series came out. I can't get the 3 piece seat to fit. it has aseat like a 560. Dad bought it from the original owner.

What seat would be correct on this tractor?

Thx-Ace

Your tractor should have the fiberglass wrap around seat.