Bought a bus

48 minutes ago, Fred B said:

I vote for making a party bus complete with exercise   ??? pole !!!  ☺️

Like the one I am looking at on the Super Brawl 1/2 time show?

Pole swinging, ass and snatch grabbing and butt wiggling.

Dang, no wardrobe malfunctions.

I guess I ain't dead yet!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My stepdaughter lives in a converted 69 ford school bus on the to of a mountain. I call it an RV but that's a bit of a stretch.

A neighbor used one with the top removed to haul scrap iron back when it was high.

A local school did the above mentioned shortening and attached a wrecker bed to haul in their busses and pull trailers. They also made a trailer out of one by removing the top, leaving the bottom below the windows for sideboards. They pull it with the wrecker buss and haul tree limbs, etc.

Thx-Ace

23 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

I always wanted to take all the rivets out of the back of the bus, with the emergency exit in it, and remove it.

Then remove all the bus to a point ahead of the rear axle.

Then reattach the back to the bus so you have a short bus, 3-4 windows per side.

Then put a flat bed over the axle and cut off the extra frame length.

Now you can walk out the emergency door onto the flat bed.

Now put a 5th wheel pin and heavy bumper on it.

Put recliners or some better seats inside.

Now you can hook up any trailer, including the gooseneck, and head to an auction sale with the buys going along.

And it's easy to get in and out of for us senior citizens.

A cheap trailer toter and it could even pull the camper for the family.

A pipe dream of mine that I will probably never see done.

Local place used to do that for canoe trip tours, Had canoe racks on the back, seats up front and room for all the incidentals 

I think Busses are wasted on those who don’t appreciate their full potential. 

We had an international with a gas engine and manual trans called “stubby” was a 47 passenger bus. Caught fire from time to time and there was always an incident involving a “stubby “ malfunction in every school trip. 

He had had great proportions though as he didn’t stick out behind the rear axle much, and had hydraulic brakes. Would have been a cool camper

10 hours ago, 7and8and1456 said:

Was that bus built by Thomas Built Buses?  If so, it was built about 35 miles from me.

Built some dies about 15 years ago for them. 

All this talk of creative and resourceful -mindful school districts. You all should be grateful. My local public school in NY just buys all kinds of new stuff whenever they get bored. They would NEVER repurpose something to reduce waste. Money is free to them. There isn't a single person there who considers themselves a steward of public funds.

1 hour ago, KWRB said:

All this talk of creative and resourceful -mindful school districts. You all should be grateful. My local public school in NY just buys all kinds of new stuff whenever they get bored. They would NEVER repurpose something to reduce waste. Money is free to them. There isn't a single person there who considers themselves a steward of public funds.

Move on out with us.

We can watch our dog runaway, for days..

We still have a few smarts but it is fading fast here too.

2 hours ago, IH766 said:

Just saw this on facebook

bus.jpg

i think id rather have a longer inside area and pull a gooseneck with one, bigger bedroom/kitchen/sitting when its raining to be inside and area for tools but thats just me. It would have to be multipurpose in order to get it past the General here  

• Like 2