Do I have the wrong glass ? 88 cab

Still trying to figure everything out on this thing.   5488.   It looks like the holes are to low.   And that bracket may be backward but I have had it apart a few times.   It wouldn't let the window close at all when I got it 20200130_184235.thumb.jpg.45dfedf05df2059aa63d985ad0ec313e.jpg

Is it 7140 rear window? On second thought I think it can't be? 

I would think the holes in the glass should  be level with the pivot point of the handle, looks like maybe somebody goofed.

You may have the early 86 glass, it almost works.  I found this out the hard way. I don't remember exactly what was different but it seems like it was shorter on the outside and the latch would not work.  I do remember closing it with a piece of wire until I got a replacement! Thx-Ace

16 minutes ago, acem said:

You may have the early 86 glass, it almost works.  I found this out the hard way. I don't remember exactly what was different but it seems like it was shorter on the outside and the latch would not work.  I do remember closing it with a piece of wire until I got a replacement! Thx-Ace

I wandered if it was something like that.  Looks like factory cut  but doesn't fit. 

The 1981(86 series includes) and up all have the longer side window glass.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my new glass in. 

There is basically two windows  A tall and a short.  The 5x88 uses the tall glass. 

Seriously if anyone needs the short glasses PM me.  Deal of the day lol.

Were you able to switch the latch left to right so that it would work correctly with the new glass?

The short answer No.      I had already taken them apart and reconfigured them trying to figure out a way to make the other glass work.   So they fold up for now.  But close good. have to change when I get back on that project lol.