1066 on auction

Wi Ih

From the small pictures of it on my phone it looks like a great buy compared to restoring one . Tires are probably 3500 for all , paint isn't cheap with what appears to be a nice paint preparation. 

Description concerns me .

They emphasize  all fluids new , Filters etc. and most other replacements are cosmetics. No mention of any mechanical restoration.

They say Clutch and T.A. good  ,runs good.

Looks great , however, would not take much mechanical repairs to ruin that paint job.

Price is great if mechanicals are as good as she looks.

Tony

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tonyinca said:

They emphasize  all fluids new , Filters etc. and most other replacements are cosmetics. No mention of any mechanical restoration.

Looks great , however, would not take much mechanical repairs to ruin that paint job.

Tony

I agree with Tony! 

2 hours ago, Tonyinca said:

Tony

On the other hand I doubt if anyone paying that much for a 1066 is going to work it hard enough to find any problems it may or may not have. 

Edit: if you look closely at the pictures it has a lot of little details many restorations miss, such as the alternator belt shield and the hydraulic coupler dust plugs with chains to the hanger brackets. 

Edited by ihrondiesel
Added
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ihrondiesel said:

On the other hand I doubt if anyone paying that much for a 1066 is going to work it hard enough to find any problems it may or may not have. 

Edit: if you look closely at the pictures it has a lot of little details many restorations miss, such as the alternator belt shield and the hydraulic coupler dust plugs with chains to the hanger brackets. 

I agree Ron. Seems people are super critical of other people's work lately. Must be the long winter stress time. I know who's tractor it was but I'm not going to expose that info.  

And it's not mine by the way. I only wish I could paint like that. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

I agree Ron. Seems people are super critical of other people's work lately. Must be the long winter stress time. I know who's tractor it was but I'm not going to expose that info.  

Don't we all wish we could paint like that. Lol 

Actually some of us probably can but not me !! 

5 hours ago, russtred said:

This post got me thinking...  Has anyone ever seen a 56 or 66 series narrow front with a cab on it?  Was that even a factory option? I don't recall ever seeing such a unicorn.  I've seen 86 series set up like that, not saying it was factory...

856 with  ice cream box cab and 234 picker at half century of farm progress.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

Wasn’t trying to be critical , tractor looks great , just passing on some obervations from years of  buying restored tractors and  also restoring tractors.

My first experience was my SMTA looked like a piece of candy , ended up restoring it three times and repainting to get it “RESTORED”

My 300 U same thing   Poor old fella was so proud of it .He almost Cried when I sent him picture of what I was doing.

I tore it all down and started bolt off restoration it was so bad , nothing worked , painted over grease and rust 

Looked great in picture and at 50 feet

just imparting some of my early learning experiences.

giving people something to think about behind the shine.

I have been doing much better lately ! Lol lol .
Was  just my price of tuition and admission to this game.

tony

• Like 2

i could never a tractor that nice, everything i own has to be used since i dont have the$$ to have stuff sittin around to look good, more power to teh guys that can but id be afraid to get a tractor that nice dirty - i know tractors are 100s of K of $$ these days id be afraid to get one of them dirty also let alone a painted up 20K one  - im so old school its difficult for me on this stuff

Definitely looks beautiful. Somebody did a very nice job. Definitely out of my comfort zone tho for price. I also like working them and hearing under a load and i would be scared of getting it dirty or scratched. Hope the new owner enjoys it for a long time.

Looks really nice.  It cost a bunch to make it look like that.  I would use it!  If you aren’t going to use them why have them?  Might not use it for mowing brush or hauling manure but I would use that sucker!  It would look good with a little dust on that paint!

893EA54A-9A99-47CB-9D69-E8DFD0D29EAD.jpeg

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, billonthefarm said:

Looks really nice.  It cost a bunch to make it look like that.  I would use it!  If you aren’t going to use them why have them?  Might not use it for mowing brush or hauling manure but I would use that sucker!  It would look good with a little dust on that paint!

893EA54A-9A99-47CB-9D69-E8DFD0D29EAD.jpeg

Those are just plain gorgeous !

Tony

• Like 1