And you thought you were having a bad day

From the Internet 

C7F6B18A-63F2-48BF-AC0E-99776BC21E81.thumb.jpeg.995e14484f732f13e56a5a719903ed48.jpeg

Can you imagine the call ?

• Haha 3

Wow someone done something wrong or weak steel. Would like to know the story behind that.

guess that Super C weighed more than I thought.... probably loaded tires....

• Haha 2

Abrasion on the bottom of the bucket. Wore the metal down. I’ve seen it on forklifts where morons drive with forks dragging the ground.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, lorenzo said:

Some guys can break an anvil.

With a rubber hammer..........

Mike

• Like 1

Way easier then you think.  Most all of ours will crack from getting thin from dirt.  That one looks to be a rock machine so it doesn't surprise me.

prolly trying to pry up a rock or a break out a chunk of frozen area - not that i would know anything about that tho 🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wore through the wear bars and then the bucket. Then they want you to work day and night to repair it.  Not really a bad job as long a the superintendent is not a dick trying to rush you.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Some guys can break an anvil.

5 hours ago, mikem said:

With a rubber hammer..........

In a sandbox.

There isn't any mountains around here. 

Actually I have seen that twice in two years.  And starting a third 

1 hour ago, dale560 said:

Is that a tar sand mine?  What is that on the tires on loader?

Dale, those are full coverage tire chains.  Used in mines and quarries when loading shot rock to keep large and sharp rocks from ruining a $20,000.00 tire.

Buckets in quarries and mines just plain wear out from abrasion.  Most larger operations will have a spare bucket on hand.  But maybe this was the spare!

12 minutes ago, E160BHM said:

Dale, those are full coverage tire chains.  Used in mines and quarries when loading shot rock to keep large and sharp rocks from ruining a $20,000.00 tire.

Buckets in quarries and mines just plain wear out from abrasion.  Most larger operations will have a spare bucket on hand.  But maybe this was the spare!

Feeding cows wears buckets out faster than I would ever think.  We had the bucket on the 938K lined with 3/16 AR450 plate when it was new.  In 3 years and three months Of feeding 3500 cows it was less than a 1/16 think.  It rolled up into the back of the bucket one day.  The bucket got 1/4 this time.  

Mitch on Gold Rush would have that loader up and feeding Sluicifier again in about an hour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, E160BHM said:

My son was logging in northern BC and his skidder used the full coverage chains in bog also.

8 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Mitch on Gold Rush would have that loader up and feeding Sluicifier again in about an hour.

Only after a whole bunch of artificially induced drama and a couple commercials.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, Paystar5000 said:

Feeding cows wears buckets out faster than I would ever think.  We had the bucket on the 938K lined with 3/16 AR450 plate when it was new.  In 3 years and three months Of feeding 3500 cows it was less than a 1/16 think.  It rolled up into the back of the bucket one day.  The bucket got 1/4 this time.  

We have made our own skidloader buckets. Feed one is 3/8" AR400 plate floor. It has been redone in a corner once and we just replaced the front 15" behind the cutting edge last month. Bucket is 9 or 11 years old now

• Like 1
3 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Only after a whole bunch of artificially induced drama and a couple commercials.

If they quit all that high fiving over such Herculean tasks as successfully screwing in a clevis pin, not tipping a D-10 over on a 5-degree slope, and the like......they'd add 10 - 20 ounces a day. 

• Like 2