Sign in to follow this  

Hub for David Bradley wagon gear?

My son bought this gravity wagon that was missing a hub a few weeks ago just to hold corn for the butcher calves. Didnt figure it would be too big of a deal to find a hub but so far we havent had much luck. Shoup hubs are different. Have different size bearings and all that. We took another hub off and measured it up and compared it to their book. First thing thats odd is the nut. Its a 16 thread pitch that I would call a 7/8 bit the spindle measures about .815 on the threads. An SAE 7/8 fine is 14 TPI. And all Shoups 5 bolt 5.5 inch bolt circle hubs with a 4 inch pilot that measure up close to this hub take an outer bearing with a .750 ID. And the inside bearing on this wagon has and extended innner race where it buts up against the shoulder on the spindle. So short of spending 80 bucks on a new hub/spindle assembley and cutting this one off and welding on a new one I'm out of ideas unless a person knew of a place that might have a used one. The numbers on the hub we took off were  DK 13-1601 in the casting. Its a nice wagon to dump corn into buckets out of becasue of the way they got the gate fixed up on it.

20200124_095944.jpg

20200124_095950.jpg

Call Wenger Wheel in Leola PA. (717)656-9876 . He might be able to help

• Like 1

Kalsem Implement at Waterloo. 319-296-2236

2 hours ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

Kalsem Implement at Waterloo. 319-296-2236

Is he still in business? I bought cultivator parts from him probably 15 years ago. He's an interesting character.

51 minutes ago, IH Forever said:

Is he still in business? I bought cultivator parts from him probably 15 years ago. He's an interesting character.

I talked to him last fall for parts for my Glencoe disc chisel. Still in business. 

On 1/26/2020 at 6:31 PM, FarmerFixEmUp said:

I talked to him last fall for parts for my Glencoe disc chisel. Still in business. 

Roger is closed for the winter. Opens up again in March. 

Do you have the timken numbers off the bearings on the hub you took off? I have some old hub catalogs some where.