I bought a 1962 International 606 and in the process of changing fluids and filters. When pulling the hydraulic filter out these two pieces of pin were laying in the filter housing. Any ideas as to what it could be?

5A9CEF75-D2E9-4DD8-9DBE-D8148ECA1F44.jpeg

sorry i dont but im sure one or two of teh guys will know exactly what it is but anything running around in there likely isnt a good thing 

more than likely from the pto unit  next thought would be the draft but they sure like an pto over center pivot pin to me if you measure it I would compare it to a clutch assembly I have in the bin.

Honestly the more I see of this . I think there were some IH Gremlins at the factory. I found the items in the differential of the Farmall C wire and a pin.  I feel that I was the first one in the differential since it left Louisville. 
I also found a  external snap ring  with 1 missing Expanding tab inside the pto of the 560 lining in the bottom of the case. That snap could not have been for come off it was left in there. This snap ring was not for the 560 . 

I would guess something from the draft control.   The pto is self contained so it shouldn't get out of there.  As for  extra pieces in a tractor, I have a nice large chisel marked IH Farmall works or something to that effect   I picked out of a tractor years ago.

Worse though, a nut that was apparently in the manifold of a 560 gas that , after I had run the engine to warm it up to torque head and adjust valves, it poked a hole in the head.  When taking engine down I found several other parts in strategic places in the engine. 

Replaced all affected parts.  Now the story get even better.  We sold tractor , guy drives it  home about 25 miles.  Put it on an auger and  walks off, come back to a dead locked up engine. Well, I am thinking, must have damaged something I missed.  Boss sends me out to haul it back to town. 

I load it up and on the way back , stop to check the chains holding it down.  See gas dripping out of engine. So, when  I get it back to shop, pull spark plugs and cylinders are full of gasoline.  Pull carburetor, find float full of gasoline.   Get it all back up and running. The guy who    bought it wants nothing to do with that tractor. 

Boss gets him to come in a listen to it running and he decides to keep it.  End of story, it turned out to be a very good tractor for him. No problem. 

Here is a pic of the mystery pin next to a tape measure. I aligned the two pieces as best I could. Everything does work other than the pto won’t completely shut down unless I hold pressure on the lever. Thanks for the input it’s a big help!

9C83E425-4F5B-40B0-885C-F242CA9D2220.jpeg

That looks like the pin that broke in our 660 TA and stopped it from working. We replaced it and never did find the original one, so it's probably still in there somewhere!

pete23  those later Ptos had the big holes in the front casting to accept transmission oil the early over center ones were self contained like the planetary ones. The shorter of the pins that hold the toggle together is .250x .900 over all length it was not serviced separately just as part of the lever assembly ( toggle). Part of 374040R91 lever assembly. The taper and ring groove on the one I have in the parts bin looks identical.

13 hours ago, pete23 said:

I would guess something from the draft control.   The pto is self contained so it shouldn't get out of there.  As for  extra pieces in a tractor, I have a nice large chisel marked IH Farmall works or something to that effect   I picked out of a tractor years ago.

Worse though, a nut that was apparently in the manifold of a 560 gas that , after I had run the engine to warm it up to torque head and adjust valves, it poked a hole in the head.  When taking engine down I found several other parts in strategic places in the engine. 

Replaced all affected parts.  Now the story get even better.  We sold tractor , guy drives it  home about 25 miles.  Put it on an auger and  walks off, come back to a dead locked up engine. Well, I am thinking, must have damaged something I missed.  Boss sends me out to haul it back to town. 

I load it up and on the way back , stop to check the chains holding it down.  See gas dripping out of engine. So, when  I get it back to shop, pull spark plugs and cylinders are full of gasoline.  Pull carburetor, find float full of gasoline.   Get it all back up and running. The guy who    bought it wants nothing to do with that tractor. 

Boss gets him to come in a listen to it running and he decides to keep it.  End of story, it turned out to be a very good tractor for him. No problem. 

That 560 sounds like sabotage to me. Disgruntled employee?

4 hours ago, R190 said:

pete23  those later Ptos had the big holes in the front casting to accept transmission oil the early over center ones were self contained like the planetary ones. The shorter of the pins that hold the toggle together is .250x .900 over all length it was not serviced separately just as part of the lever assembly ( toggle). Part of 374040R91 lever assembly. The taper and ring groove on the one I have in the parts bin looks identical.

Ok, I didn't know that.   

4 hours ago, nepoweshiekfarmalls said:

That 560 sounds like sabotage to me. Disgruntled employee?

Yes, it was sabotage from factory.  I heard there was a couple other ones that got similar treatment. They were the very last 60 series to come off the line as they shut down for retooling for 06 series. 

4 hours ago, Epjisme said:

TA is working but nothing sayings it wasn’t fixed before I got it. Thanks.

The TA dry clutch where a similar pin was used is a dry and separate housing.   Doesn't look like that pin though to me. 

Would either of those TA or PTO designs mentioned, work, if their pin was missing?  I'm not a mechanic, but I'd think not, meaning he has no worries and it was fixed maybe 50 years ago and the old parts were just not ever  fished out.