TP from Central PA

Corona not a global emergency?

The media claims nothing to be alarmed about, but seen video on CNBC this am with about a million trackhoes leveling dirt to build a reported hospital in 6 days?  Never seen so many machines in one spot working.  If there is no problem what is the need for a hospital so quickly?  Here is clip.........

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

The media claims nothing to be alarmed about, but seen video on CNBC this am with about a million trackhoes leveling dirt to build a reported hospital in 6 days?  Never seen so many machines in one spot working.  If there is no problem what is the need for a hospital so quickly?  Here is clip.........

Did it start from eating bat soup?

• Haha 1

Looks to me like a few less than a million.

Tyler ran out of toes to count and just rounded the figure up a bit. Wait till they show the picture next week with about a million backhoes digging graves.

• Thanks 1

The answer to your question is in your first sentence ,

” the media “ 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Rusty shackleford said:

Did it start from eating bat soup?

The infallible media says it started at a fish market.

Came from someone buying snakes to eat at the market. If China says 25 dead you can quadruple that. 36,000 die every year from the regular influenza. Media hype....

• Like 1

Two confirmed cases in us. Both people were recently in China. One case in Chicago and the other in Washington state I think. Problem is it's a virus like the common cold. No known cure. 

If you can avoid large population centers do so. Not just for this but for all the human diseases found there!

1 hour ago, Timothy56 said:

Looks to me like a few less than a million.

Can't slip anything past you guys......

My point is if a Communist government is throwing up a 1000 bed hospital in days, why isn't the WHO taking it more seriously.......the Chinese wouldn't be going to that extreme if it wasn't serious.  I think Randy might be right, million machines digging graves.  

• Sad 1

also a student at Texas A&M came back from China infected

Mike

46 minutes ago, Mike H said:

also a student at Texas A&M came back from China infected

Mike

Glad my wife went to Europe instead of some of the class that had to go to China as part of her schooling.  I could easily see how a student could get it, like her, she was touring factory floors and distribution facilities and was in contact with everyone from high ups to regular employees.

Nobody is building a 1000 bed hospital in six days.  Concrete takes two weeks to cure enough to bear a load...

7 minutes ago, ihfarmer1586 said:

Nobody is building a 1000 bed hospital in six days.  Concrete takes two weeks to cure enough to bear a load...

Nobody normal.............the Chinese though are a different breed.  

Kwikcreate 😎😏

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, ihfarmer1586 said:

High Early

2 hours ago, dannyredfan said:

Kwikcreate 😎😏

+ mixed and poured to the consistency of pea soup and left exposed to the elements in the cold China winter. 

Might want hot water and calcium.  

The reason this isn't global news is because Corona viruses have existed for a long time. You're speaking specifically of a Novel Coronavirus. Or 2019-nCoV. 

The main Coronavirus that we all know is a pretty basic one...It causes colds...this one causes flu like symptoms...

We quarantine. Disinfect. And control the spread of the virus. Just like anything else. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IHRunner said:

You're speaking specifically of a Novel Coronavirus. Or 2019-nCoV. 

Yes, I understand that, also have read that is difficult to replicate in a lab to attempt to develop cures, do not know if that is true or not as my medical experience is mostly limited to animals, but either way I don't think something like that on the loose in a city bigger in population than New York City can not be anything other than bad.  And with all thing local these days being global, that is even worse yet.

• Like 1

They said China is trying to beat their own record of building a hospital in seven days. Did it back in early 2000’s for the sars epidemic. Used pre cast buildings. Single story I assume.

What was the record time for the liberty ships back in ww2? If everyone is completely committed to a goal it’s amazing what can get accomplished. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TP from Central PA said:

Yes, I understand that, also have read that is difficult to replicate in a lab to attempt to develop cures, do not know if that is true or not as my medical experience is mostly limited to animals, but either way I don't think something like that on the loose in a city bigger in population than New York City can not be anything other than bad.  And with all thing local these days being global, that is even worse yet.

Biggest problem for America right now is that our screening process for those coming into our country is garbage. Every time someone brings up immigration control its automatically "RACIST". We need to control the influx of people who bring these infections and diseases.

I agree with you. It could be bad. Very bad. Luckily this one appears to have a short lifespan so if we keep it contained it should kill itself off quickly. The biggest problem would be Denver. LA. Chicago. Places where its legal to deficate in the streets. You could keep the virus alive and spreading for quite some time if its able ro continue to incubate in human waste. Then spread by rats. And other critters. 

• Like 1